Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August Hemmings Classic Car - Lotsa Studes!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE

Originally posted by jcarmichael

they seem to be the only magazine that trys to include off beat makes.

1961 Lark
    They seem [u]Obsessed</u> with independents and orphans.
    Not that I'm complaining, but there has been a lot of articles and columns on Ranblers (Nash, Hudson, AMC, etc.) amd Studebakers. I've subscribed since the first issue and if I were a huge fan of the "big 3", I'd probably feel a bit slighted.

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Fact is, the "independents and orphans" made interesting, unusual cars with features and designs that the big boyz didn't have. (You notice even thought the convertible issue had a F*rd on the cover, it was a '58! Not your "mainstream" Sunliner.)

I love those guys!

---------------------------
      Clark in San Diego:

Proud new owner of a '63 Lark!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Besides, there are lots of magazines that focus only on major brands, like Corvette Quarterly, or any number of magzines with "Chevy" in the title. Collectible Automobile does a very balanced job covering different makes and years. Hemmings is just one magazine and if Hemmings likes the orphan makes, more power to them.
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
        X