Value of this 58' Packard Hawk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of this 58' Packard Hawk?

Thinking about maybe cleaning house a little and picking this up if i can buy it right. What do you guys think?

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

I've always loved the P.H. and this one is the same color combo as my 58' 4X4. Wouldn't that look great the Copper and cream 4X4 pulling in with a copper and cream 58 P.H.

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock

59' 4E2 122 Scotsman Deluxe V8 4spd curb side fender

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Does it run? I saw the trickle charger on the battery... is the supercharger with it? It looks fairly complete. I know I've seen lots worse

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi 289Stude,

Value is between you and the seller. Buy it if you can, make it run, fix it up as you go. Drive the snot out of it with all its wear & tear! Have fun. The world needs an unrestored Packard Hawk flying around!

Henry Votel,
      Forest Lake, MN
      Moderator: Editors & Publishers Forum
      Henry Votel,
      Forest Lake, MN
      Buying & Selling Studebaker Parts in MN & WI

Comment

Its almost impossible to put a price on something that you want because of what it is. What condition is it in? Any rust out in body panels, floors, hog troughs? Is it complete? I can see it has the wrong radio and no supercharger. Does it have all the wheel surrounds? It would be a big job to rescue it even if it has all the parts. But as previously stated, I have seen a lot worse. If it runs and is all there I would guess that it would go for $9,000 to 12,000. But at best that is a guess. Any car is worth whatever a buyer will pay for it. If you want to send any of the numbers to me I can tell you what color it left SB with. Or if it has the original engine etc. From the underhood pictures it almost looks as though there was a fire in there at some time.

Mike

Comment

This is all the ad says. They are asking $12000.00 which I will no way pay. It's a toss up whether I like 56'J's or 58 P.H.'s but considering the 4X4 conection (same year and color) I'm liking this car.

"1958 Packard Hawk. One of 588 ever made. Runs good. Original 287 engine. Ultra rare. Nice to drive."

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

58' 3E6D Stock

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Johnny B., you are having entirely too much fun![8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Looks like a Rolls Royce fender in that one shot. They/he probably can afford to hold out for something at least CLOSE to 12K. Of course, in these economic times - who knows?

I was perusing ebay motors a bit today - I don't often spend time doing so. What struck me was that some really nice cars (not just Studes either) are more affordable than I remember them being in a long time. Wish cash wasn't an issue with me.[:I]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1963 Cruiser
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

There is a young lady thats contacted me via email I'm guessing a grand duaghter I will try to get a phone number and get more info. If they are stuck on the $12,000.00 I'll have to pass, I think thats high for the condition. I however don't know much about the value of these things.

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

58' 3E6D Stock

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Offer 8K. Times is tuff bro.

Comment

Anne had a thread about some cars for sale near her that had been sitting out for a long time. There was a PH,they are asking 5k...take a look,this would be a bargin at 10k...but of course you have no way of knowing if the 5k is reasonable or not. Another thing is when the person bought it, if it has been forever,not much help. If he bought it a couple years ago,prices(as the economy)are lower...if he just bought it,well then that pretty much tells you what market is then.

Comment

You can never pay too much - but you can buy too soon. Once inflation starts to really kick in it will make all of today's prices look like bargains.

The '58 Packard Hawk is one of the cars I will have in my collection...someday, when I have money again.

Let's say you think it is worth $8k and offer such - then maybe after some consideration they come back with $10k. At that point I would be inclined to buy as long as the supercharger and other bits are there and the parts we can't see are mostly decent for restoration. Here's the way I look at it: if you pay a couple 2-3k more to begin with, but you get something you really want - so what?

Thomas

Long time hot rodder
                      Packrat junk collector
                      '63 Avanti R2 4 speed

Comment

John, if it's any indication I payed $8500 for mine 2 years ago. It had a seized engine from sitting in a barn since 1965 but the body is excellent, original paint. But time,s are tough over there at the minute so you might get it cheap. Brian.
                        Brian Greenall
                        Melbourne, OZ
                        sigpic

Comment

Go for the Packard. How can you say no to that grining face.

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

Honestly. I think 8 G is a fair price if you are going to do it yourself. If it is going to be a check book restoration do not dicker and pay their price. You can buy a very much better condition 56J turn-key, actually. a cruise night contender for less than 20. The Packard has PS and PB which will make it a nice driver. If the Packard needs floor work and hog troughs,and has other inherent structural issues and you are very proficient with metal replacement go for it. {You need to or have someone look at the under side}. If you are not comfortable and knowledgeable about doing this type of work walk the other way. Good things come to those that wait. jimmijim
                            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

John, you should've bought that copper/cream 58 President in Cedar Rapids for $16K. Then you'd almost have a full set.

Matthew Burnette
                              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
                              X