No announcement yet.

‘66 Studebaker Truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do see parts in there that are NOT for a '66, such as the early Lark front fender.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by pinehurstbob View Post
      There is a 66 Daytona registry you could refer to in order to determine "rarity" before you chop this up for a custom.
      Bob
      I'm not chopping anything up, my dad was doing a custom rebuild on it. But he passed in Dec. I nor anyone else in the family have the time/means to do this so I'm putting it all up for sale.

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
      I do see parts in there that are NOT for a '66, such as the early Lark front fender.
      Yes, dad liked to put various years' parts together to make it his desired look. So I'm not surprised.
      2nd Generation Studebaker owner
      1955 Commander Conestoga Wagon

Comment

Did not mean anything negative to your dads efforts when I used the term "chop it up", I like custom touches as well. Just do not think a 66 Daytona should be altered from stock. Just my opinion, in the end it is the owners car and he/she can do what he/she wants with it. Glad to see you are putting it out there for someone else to enjoy it. Were I not 2500 miles away, I would come take a look at it, as it looks like a solid body. Good luck on your sale.
        Bob
        Bob
        Welland Ontario
        60 Lark Convertible
        64 Daytona
        sigpic
        "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Did not mean anything negative to your dads efforts when I used the term "chop it up", I like custom touches as well.
          Bob
          No offense taken Bob. Like you say, it's the owners' dream, their vision. I'm having a bugger of a time to find the engine, I'm now up in WA and my sister (not a car person) is digging thru all storages and such trying to help me find it. I'm starting to wonder if there is/was one.

Comment

My sister got a bunch of new pics in attempt to trying to find the engine.
            Attached Files

Comment

Some more pics

Comment

Again some more pics

Comment

If you do not find the engine, 66s came with McKinnon sourced engines. They made engines for GM as well as Studebaker. That is a 283 V8 or I think it was a 194 overhead six. A little easier to find than a studebaker engine.
                  Bob
                  Welland Ontario
                  60 Lark Convertible
                  64 Daytona
                  sigpic
                  "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

If you do not find the engine, 66s came with McKinnon sourced engines. They made engines for GM as well as Studebaker. That is a 283 V8 or I think it was a 194 overhead six. A little easier to find than a studebaker engine.
                    Awesome, thanks for the info Bob! There are a couple options for locals I'm hoping to head over and dig thru the various storage spots dad built in hopes of finding said engine.

Comment

Working...
                    X