‘66 Studebaker Truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘66 Studebaker Truck?

From my other post, my dad recently passed and he was a steadfast Studey guy. Rebuilt several. I inherited them (one is a ‘55 Conestoga Commander https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....udebaker-wagon), the other is in parts/pieces all over the back garage area, spread across multiple storage sheds and such. Before passing, he said all the parts are there, but I failed to recall what exact make/model/year. Thru many boxes and labels, I consistently see written “Studebaker “ and “‘66”, so I can only suppose a ‘66 Studebaker truck. Dad has no paperwork on it that we can find yet (registration or title), nor even a license plate to look it up from. An oddity, as you’ll see in the pics, it’s kind of like an extended cab, but only 2-door. I’ve yet to find a pic online of any vehicle matching this. Maybe it’s a car not truck? Can anyone help me identify what this is? The end goal is I will likely offer this for sale, I just need to know what it is so we can post it appropriately.
    Attached Files
    2nd Generation Studebaker owner
    1955 Commander Conestoga Wagon

And a few more pics. Please advise if there’s anything directly I should try to find and take a pic of that may help with ID. I’ll try to find the VIN tag today.
    Attached Files

Comment

David,
      If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say it is indeed a 1966 2 Door car that perhaps someone was attempting to convert into a pick up truck. I am sure someone more knowledgeable than I will chime in.
      Luck with your sale.
      Bill

Comment

It's a '64 thru '66 'Lark' two door sedan, called a F-body in Studebaker-speak. Most likely due to the notations on the parts, it's a '66'.

The serial number tag (plate) would be on the drivers side front cowl post (where the door hinges attach). It' roughly about 3" x 2" in size.

Here is a picture of a '65 F-body, essentially the same thing except for trim and grille differences:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	'65 F-body lowered.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.3 KB ID:	1939666
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Thank you Paul and Bill! That makes much more sense! 🤣 And maybe it’s just I recall dad saying “truck” as saying he wants one or something. That convo was a long time ago before he got sick. I’d venture to guess that it also just looks “truck bed-ish” to me since I don’t know what the bed would look like and the fenders are off. So the “bowl” of the trunk kinda resembles a truck bed.

headed over to moms now and I’ll look for the VIN tag!

Comment

Serial number plate should be on the body pillar seen in the second photo of your first set. It may have been removed or painted over. There should also be a body tag on the firewall, under the hood on the passenger side. A strip of thin metal with embossed character, attached with a screw. Might read something like 64V F4, or similar. The car is '66 two door sedan. Nothing from the pics leads me to believe it was being made into a truck, but perhaps you father had plans to cut the body down, and make it into an extended cab for a Champ truck. Done right, that would look great.
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Found the VIN, tag on the engine bay, even the preferred tire specs!
              VIN: C 533855
              Tag: V-F8 7327
              Attached Files

Comment

As others confirmed, you have a 1966 2dr sedan. It was built sometime between January 14 and 16 of 1966. I'll create an entry in the '66 SDC registry for it. Please let me know if it sells & if the buyer is going to restore, or just use it as a parts car. BTW, the one photo of a front fender you posted is of a 59-63 fender (which has a decent about of value)....not a '66 fender.

Comment

• 6hk71400
                  6hk71400 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  On January 16th 1966 I turn 14 years old.This is the closest I have come to finding a car made on my birth anniversary

Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
                As others confirmed, you have a 1966 2dr sedan. It was built sometime between January 14 and 16 of 1966. I'll create an entry in the '66 SDC registry for it. Please let me know if it sells & if the buyer is going to restore, or just use it as a parts car.
                Those inner rear quarters look too nice for it to be a parts car.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
                  BTW, the one photo of a front fender you posted is of a 59-63 fender (which has a decent about of value)....not a '66 fender.
                  I’m not surprised. Dad liked to do “customs” and put parts of differing years/models together that he liked.

Comment

Clearly, from the Body Tag a: 1966 "Daytona Sports Sedan", a 2 door Sedan.
                    There is a Complete probably NOS, '66 Front Grille Panel with Headlight Doors standing up in the Pile.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sports Sedan Turquoise3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.6 KB ID:	1939714 The Small Front Fender "8" Emblem on this 1965 Version, indicates a V8 Engine, same as a Canadian Pontiac/Chev. Truck 283.

C533855 was a V8. Sports Sedans came Standard with a White or Black Vinyl Top and Bucket Seats.
                    Last edited by StudeRich; 04-12-2022, 11:48 AM.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

FYI - I've posted this Lark for sale, asking $2500, you bring a trailer/hauler and I'll help you load up. It's located in Oceanside, CA
                      https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....oject-car-2500

Comment

Does the fact that '65 and '66 Studebakers were produced only in Canada make them worth a bit more? I love the '66 grills. I love the two door cars even more. Good luck on selling the car.
                        Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Honestly I threw a dart at a suggestion from a fellow member here. I can’t speak to the potential added value due to Canada made or whatnot.

I can say that there is likely a cache of extra parts the buyer will get with the purchase. Such as there are 2 boxes of hubcaps alone, maybe 30 of them.
                          Attached Files

Comment

There is a 66 Daytona registry you could refer to in order to determine "rarity" before you chop this up for a custom.
                            Bob
                            Bob
                            Welland Ontario
                            60 Lark Convertible
                            64 Daytona
                            sigpic
                            "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Working...
                            X