About women "behind"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About women "behind"...

I just read Lorilee's input in the Whistler's thread & when I saw the video the other day I shared it on the "Studebakers of Scandinavia" facebook group & commented that I found her words (really) interesting.
    & in spirit of what she wrote just now I post my wife Sonja with Josephine just after she got Josephine thru the test:
    (& why not post your wifes with Studebakers too?)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Noxnabaker; 01-06-2020, 01:25 PM.
    sigpic

Josephine
    Champion V8
    4d sedan

Click image for larger version

Name:	Going Home-1.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1815724
    My wife Sally in her 1961 Hawk.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice!
      (I got a bit worried; so many lookers/readers but no comment or picture)
      Last edited by Noxnabaker; 01-06-2020, 01:26 PM.
      sigpic

Josephine
      Champion V8
      4d sedan

Comment

Noxnabaker, just took me a couple of days to find this. Karen masking HER Avanti a few years back getting ready for the Avanti Medium Red we painted it. Click image for larger version

Name:	kb s avanti work.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1815821

Comment

My wife don't likum !!

Comment

Flashback, my bride is from up near Rogersville, AL., and when she met me, I lured her in with not only my straight axle Falcon Ranchero and a couple of motorcycles, but a 53 Commander, a 56 Sky Hawk, and a 57 Golden Hawk that she helped me take parts off of to fix up the Sky Hawk ! Gotta' keep a gal like that, ha ! She had a Falcon and a hot rod'd
            Honda bike too, so my junk was an easy sell. You know what GRITS stands for don't ya' ? "Girls Raised In The South" !

Comment

Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
              I just read Lorilee's input in the Whistler's thread & when I saw the video the other day I shared it on the "Studebakers of Scandinavia" facebook group & commented that I found her words (really) interesting.
              & in spirit of what she wrote just now I post my wife Sonja with Josephine just after she got Josephine thru the test:
              (& why not post your wifes with Studebakers too?)
              Nice dawg!!!

Comment

Hahaha, yeah that dog is nice to look at but she's been a pain most her life but got better (thoughfull) when our old one died & then even better when she had puppies last summer.
                As for girls & old cars; I've had it long ago with those who don't like it but Sonja learned to drive in my -62 Savoy, even thou I had to step out & just hand her the car to drive alone & she's been driving many many old cars since then.

Now then: KEEP THE PICTURES COMING! Please...
                Last edited by Noxnabaker; 01-06-2020, 01:26 PM.
                sigpic

Josephine
                Champion V8
                4d sedan

Comment

My wife just tolerates my car shenanigans. I would not like to put her picture up and suffer her aggravation.
                  Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
                    My wife just tolerates my car shenanigans. I would not like to put her picture up and suffer her aggravation.
                    ha ha....so true at my house too. Actually, Mrs. Junior is fairly tolerant, but then again I don't really push the old car thing too far. I think it was 17 years ago I got my Stude...she has never driven it...and my daily driver 50 ish year old truck I've had for 3 years and she has never driven that either...oh well. cheers, junior
                    sigpic
                    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Nox, I heartily agree AND my wife's name is Sonja!
                      I have a couple of pics which this site states are too large to post.
                      I'll have to try some other method.
                      Bill

Comment

Okidoki Bill, I'm just happy about it all & hope everybody else is too!
                        & as for Sonja & Josephine; she's not a Studebaker girl either, more a 1946-57 Buick person & she also just tolerates Josephine.
                        Last edited by Noxnabaker; 01-06-2020, 01:27 PM.
                        sigpic

Josephine
                        Champion V8
                        4d sedan

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	GGB & 55.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	1815948 My Sweetheart with the grandson and the Speedster. She is a Studebaker gal as her grandfather always drove Studebaker coupes.

Comment

2020 marks 35 years with my sweet girl. I drove race cars for 24 seasons, and she was with me for the last 12 or so. She never said a word about the cost, or the hours, or the injuries, or the fights. She thought it was fun at first, but as time went on she got to where she was more scared. But it gave her unique perspective. If I drag home a derelict Studebaker she’s completely fine with that, because it’s a lot less worrying than when your man is a racer LOL
                            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                            Romans 15:13
                            Deuteronomy 31:6
                            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Well Bob, (no picture? ) that's just what Sonja is toward ships nowadays, after 27 years of ships our tug is now for sale, it also comes down to fright & ofcourse there can be axidents...
                              But I hope to keep Josephine!
                              Last edited by Noxnabaker; 01-06-2020, 01:27 PM.
                              sigpic

Josephine
                              Champion V8
                              4d sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X