Pictures from the Mansfield meet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures from the Mansfield meet.

In the past members posted all sorts of pictures of that years IM on this forum. Now it seems that Facebook has taken over to some extent. I did not take very many good pictures, but I have a few that I took during breaks from the swap meet. Maybe we can start a thread with some pictures others would like to see.
    sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

A few more.
    sigpic

Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

That's a pretty Lark hardtop!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics. How many Studes and Avantis were there? Which one got the long distance award? Who owns the red 2R5 truck from Alabama? Was there a hard luck award given to someone whose car broke down on the way there? Sorry about all the questions....
        1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

Originally posted by 50Champ View Post
          Thanks for posting the pics. How many Studes and Avantis were there? Which one got the long distance award? Who owns the red 2R5 truck from Alabama? Was there a hard luck award given to someone whose car broke down on the way there? Sorry about all the questions....
          I have no idea about the count or awards. I was lucky to get outside occasionally and look around. One of my problems was that I would get to talking to someone and have to go in before making the rounds.
          sigpic

Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

A few more. Looks like no one else wants to join in.
            sigpic

Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Howard,
              Thanks for taking the time to post for those of us who couldn't be there. Looks great. Regarding the powder blue '53 (?) with dual quads, have you any idea what manifold he used? It looks like a very nice showing.
              Cheers, Bill

Comment

I talked with one of the people involved in hosting the meet. She told me there were 248 cars registered and more than 1000 people registered. Great job by the sponsoring chapter!!
                Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Here's a few I took. Love the 37 coupe. I have to add one of those to my collection. It was a great event. Thanks to all who worked so hard to put it together.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                    Howard,
                    Thanks for taking the time to post for those of us who couldn't be there. Looks great. Regarding the powder blue '53 (?) with dual quads, have you any idea what manifold he used? It looks like a very nice showing.
                    Cheers, Bill
                    The blue dual quad car is a 62 GT Hawk. I didn't talk to the owner, but I wondered if the manifold was one of Jeff Rice's creations.
                    sigpic

Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

These are excellent pictures. Thank you so much for posting them for those of us who couldn't go. The pictures make me really wish I'd been there.

Comment

The final meet totals were 565 registrations and 1,065 people. The interesting fact is that 36% of the registrants were during the week. That is an all time high for walk-ins. We also had 25 new members join the club last week. All and all it was a great time. Thank you Joanne, Dave and all of your helpers from all of the chapters you had enlisted for help.
                        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
                          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...