Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAST TRY[img][/img]

Comment

[] Very nice car; congratulations! You're most fortunate to have the engine intact. (Anyone notice the interesting pattern of sun bleaching the black portion of the deck lid overlay?) Good score! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

What a find! Congratulations. Keep us informed as to the car's (and your) progress.

Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Editor of "The Down Easterner"
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Is your valley cover (under the intake manifold) chrome or painted black? I have read that was changed sometime in March 63. A new R=1 engine I have was made in October 63 has a black painted valley cover.
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

That is a terrific looking car. I can't wait to see the transformation. Well worth the time and effort, BTW. Good buy.
            sals54

Comment

Very nice find. Now that it is home restore it or conserve it. It is worth the investment and the time. Good luck with the project. There are many who can help you with aadvice as needed.
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

The Dunlop tires are a little unusual. Don't see that often.

Comment

That is great!

Comment

Cool find! Where was it sitting?

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That's a great find! If you decide not to restore it, you'll have no problem finding a loving home for it right here. If you decide to restore it, you'll find all the info and support you need here too!

What is your restoration experience? If you've never done it, be VERY careful! Too often cars get stripped down to start a resto- the easy part- only to have the owner realize it's way beyond their ability or ambition- or didn't realize how much it would cost. Then, they try to sell it as a basket case and get offered way less than they paid. Finally the pile of parts gets shoved into the back of the garage, parts get lost, stolen, or sold off, and the car ends up lost...

I don't know your ability level; nor am I trying to discourage you; I'm just saying, this is a sweet old car, and a great example. I only offer this warning to protect the uninitiated- and a great car[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I was told of the car years ago, I was not sure the story was true. but last wednesday i got the guy on the phone and he said he would sell it and told me how much, which made me belive it even less. but I had to check it out, I told him I would take it and pickup on Sunday. When he opened the gate to his back yard and i saw that car I couldn't belive it. Beside the car there was a box of new parts and all the paint thinners sand paper ect. that he bought to repaint it. The bill for the paint alone was $667.00. This is a deal of a life time. As far as restoring it I belive I am up to it. I did a 64 gt about 5 years ago, but I didn't restore it back to factory, there was a color change and things like that, still used studebaker engine ect. I built a 1965 Mustang that was a cover car, I just finished a 1965 gto. But I want to do this one better than I did the others, back to factory in every way so I will be asking everyones help from time to time. thanks for all the info I have been given it was all good.

Comment

Nels I agree. I was going to make the same comment about the tires. usually they were Firestone.

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
                          58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
                          58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
                          62 Daytona (White)
                          63 R2 Lark (Super Red)

Comment

Good luck, TMAN, that is a neat find. You are one lucky guy. You will be even luckier if you get a chance to drive that car. Hint, they are the most fun on a two lane road with a little slow traffic in the way.

Tim K.
                            '64 R2 GT Hawk
                            Tim K.
                            \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

Looks like a great find! The Int'l meet is in Arizona in 2010 - Can we see it then?

Jeff

1951 Rod
                              1962 Champ
                              1963 Avanti R1
                              1963 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
                              1964 Daytona Convertible
                              2006 Avanti Convertible
                              1951 Custom
                              1958 Packard Hawk < resto project
                              1962 Champ
                              1963 Standard R1 4 speed
                              1963 Avanti R1