No announcement yet.

WOW, what a Packard Hawk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can go to www.packardhawk.com and get more information there. Mike Williams runs the site and is the expert on these Hawks. As for the numbers, mine, for instance, is LS1300.. The S means it was supercharged. So of you go by LS1101 as being the 1st, my Hawk is #299. There were 588 Packard Hawks produced. Mike also has a list of current owners, those that informed him .

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

Thanks, Dick. Just to be clear, I wasn't criticizing anyone, just wondering about how this car's incorrectness affected it's value, and what it would take to put it correct. I think we all agree it's a beautiful car, and I learned some more today. Good deal![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Thanks, Dick. Just to be clear, I wasn't criticizing anyone, just wondering about how this car's incorrectness affected it's value, and what it would take to put it correct. I think we all agree it's a beautiful car, and I learned some more today. Good deal![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I am far from a Packard Hawk expert - but that one could share garage space with my other cars anytime! I would change a few things too, like the faux spare deck lid for a plain smooth one. Yeah I know that is not correct, but I think that a PH would look better smoothed out and with a few of the baubles deleted. If the new owner is so inclined, it does not seem like it would be difficult to make it *correct* for the items mentioned so far.

Thomas

Long time hot rodder
          Packrat junk collector
          '63 Avanti R2 4 speed

Comment

I am far from a Packard Hawk expert - but that one could share garage space with my other cars anytime! I would change a few things too, like the faux spare deck lid for a plain smooth one. Yeah I know that is not correct, but I think that a PH would look better smoothed out and with a few of the baubles deleted. If the new owner is so inclined, it does not seem like it would be difficult to make it *correct* for the items mentioned so far.

Thomas

Long time hot rodder
            Packrat junk collector
            '63 Avanti R2 4 speed

Comment

Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hello to all. What amazes me is that even though there are some incorrect things about this EBay Hawk it is nonetheless a beautiful Hawk,What I don't understand is? I see it at top bid of a little over 17 thousand with very little time left-- How can such a beautiful and very rare car,approximately 200 left in existence,bring so little? I've seen some vw's that they made zillions of bring about the same--- I am curious to hear your responses. It seems that you can spend that much restoring one and it would be hard to recover your costs,let alone what the car is worth,if you were to part with it. Just curious? Frankie

Comment

Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hello to all. What amazes me is that even though there are some incorrect things about this EBay Hawk it is nonetheless a beautiful Hawk,What I don't understand is? I see it at top bid of a little over 17 thousand with very little time left-- How can such a beautiful and very rare car,approximately 200 left in existence,bring so little? I've seen some vw's that they made zillions of bring about the same--- I am curious to hear your responses. It seems that you can spend that much restoring one and it would be hard to recover your costs,let alone what the car is worth,if you were to part with it. Just curious? Frankie

Comment

Well, opinions differ. I would put WW on that Speedster before I took it out in public, it just looks so wrong to me, but that's me. Back to the Packard Hawk, most folks won't bid until the bitter end.

JDP/Maryland
                  64 R2 GT (Sid)
                  spent to date $62,839.60
                  63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                  63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

Well, opinions differ. I would put WW on that Speedster before I took it out in public, it just looks so wrong to me, but that's me. Back to the Packard Hawk, most folks won't bid until the bitter end.

JDP/Maryland
                    64 R2 GT (Sid)
                    spent to date $62,839.60
                    63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                    63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Well, opinions differ. I would put WW on that Speedster before I took it out in public, it just looks so wrong to me, but that's me.
                      I guess its because everyone is so used to seeing them with wide whites and tend to look 'odd' without them. But a Speedster is already flashy enough.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Well, opinions differ. I would put WW on that Speedster before I took it out in public, it just looks so wrong to me, but that's me.
                        I guess its because everyone is so used to seeing them with wide whites and tend to look 'odd' without them. But a Speedster is already flashy enough.

Craig

Comment

JP, the wide whites we bought were 2 new and 4 slightly used for $200, not $250. Now, if you would like to leave the $50 behind as a tip, then I would oblige.
                          sals54

Comment

JP, the wide whites we bought were 2 new and 4 slightly used for $200, not $250. Now, if you would like to leave the $50 behind as a tip, then I would oblige.
                            sals54

Comment

Cool, then you just owe me $100 for the two new ones.

JDP/Maryland
                              64 R2 GT (Sid)
                              spent to date $62,839.60
                              63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                              63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

Cool, then you just owe me $100 for the two new ones.

JDP/Maryland
                                64 R2 GT (Sid)
                                spent to date $62,839.60
                                63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                                63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                                X