Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a Champ truck I found several months ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the other posters here that the seller will be glad to hear back from you.

But I must add one word of caution: There is the possibility, though remote, that the add is a fake, copied from the original and posted by a scammer. Why do I say this? Because of this:

Up for sale is Louie, our 1962 Studebaker Lark Regal 2-door hardtop. Originally a California car, it still has the Car Club of California sticker on the rear

This add is a direct copy of the text and pictures which I posted on Craigslist three years ago. IT IS A SCAM.

Therefore, proceed with caution. Caveat emptor.
    Mike Davis
    1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

No, in this case I recognize the sellers name, though I would have never been able to remember it otherwise, and I am sure the contact info given is the same as before. I just can't make myself contact him. My biggest fear, being since I never actually saw the truck, live and in person before, if I look at it and find more rust than I expect or other issues and decide against buying it, after all this time, won't that look foolish? Also I can't remember exactly what the price was then and now it's "make an offer". I don't know what the truck's worth. Like I said earlier, it looks like something's going on so maybe the truck is already sold. I found the ad on another site.
      thom

Comment

Mike, can't you contact "saleofcar.com" and tell them, or are THEY maybe the Crooks?

That Ad sounds VERY believable and honest, I guess it should, YOU wrote it!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich, I tried to contact them once but got no reply. I may try again as I would hate for somebody to get snookered.
          Mike Davis
          1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

I saw in the ‘62 Lark post you are in VA, so am I. Send me the info and I will contact him for you.

Comment

Working...
            X