Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a Champ truck I found several months ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guido
    replied
    I saw in the ‘62 Lark post you are in VA, so am I. Send me the info and I will contact him for you.

Leave a comment:

• StudeNewby
    replied
    Rich, I tried to contact them once but got no reply. I may try again as I would hate for somebody to get snookered.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Mike, can't you contact "saleofcar.com" and tell them, or are THEY maybe the Crooks?

That Ad sounds VERY believable and honest, I guess it should, YOU wrote it!

Leave a comment:

• thom
    replied
    No, in this case I recognize the sellers name, though I would have never been able to remember it otherwise, and I am sure the contact info given is the same as before. I just can't make myself contact him. My biggest fear, being since I never actually saw the truck, live and in person before, if I look at it and find more rust than I expect or other issues and decide against buying it, after all this time, won't that look foolish? Also I can't remember exactly what the price was then and now it's "make an offer". I don't know what the truck's worth. Like I said earlier, it looks like something's going on so maybe the truck is already sold. I found the ad on another site.

Leave a comment:

• StudeNewby
    replied
    I agree with the other posters here that the seller will be glad to hear back from you.

But I must add one word of caution: There is the possibility, though remote, that the add is a fake, copied from the original and posted by a scammer. Why do I say this? Because of this:

https://saleofcar.com/studebaker-lark-/0100686

This add is a direct copy of the text and pictures which I posted on Craigslist three years ago. IT IS A SCAM.

Therefore, proceed with caution. Caveat emptor.

Leave a comment:

• thom
    replied
    Someone on here has responded to his ad so maybe the truck is sold.

Leave a comment:

• thom
    replied
    No, six with three speed and no overdrive.

Leave a comment:

• qsanford
    replied
    Originally posted by thom View Post
    A couple of the pics that I didn't lose. All the parts are with the truck, just not currently attached. The truck would be worth more if it were a V-8 automatic I suppose, but I personally like inline sixes. I hope it finds a good home, even if not with me.
    Is it an automatic six cylinder?

Leave a comment:

• t walgamuth
    replied
    This sort of thing happens all the time. He'll just be glad you are still interested.

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    I agree with Rusty. Give the fellow a call. The worst he can say is, "bug off!" He might turn out to be decent enough to give you a chance also.

Leave a comment:

• rusty65
    replied
    If you really like the truck,I would contact the seller again.After all, it's for sale again,right? It's like I tell the fellas at work;it's like asking Momma for a little love or the boss for a raise.The worst they can say is no,lol.

Leave a comment:

• thom
    replied
    Rust is not a problem with this truck. The rockers have been replaced. The only other rust was just a little in the very front of the bed floor.

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    Well, if the price were right, it might be a very nice project. At this point, replacing the engine is the easy part.

Leave a comment:

• 70Avanti2
    replied
    Rust is always the big question. Cannot see the fenders or cab corners. Otherwise it looks to have had some tlc at some point

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    Thom
    I think you dodged a bullet on this one. Lots of V8 auto Champs out there to pick from.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X