Number Built.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number Built.

I am sure it has been posted but how many 1962 GTs were built with 4 speeds.
    Thanks
    Hawkowner

I am not sure anyone has combed through all the '62 Hawk production orders to get a concrete number - that would require looking through all the '62 production orders. It was pretty popular option - my Uncle actually yanked the 4 speed out of his '62 in the late 60s and put in a 3 speed/OD to make it more, as he said, 'drive-able'...

Comment

I do not beieve that this has been researched and published. My guesstimate is 3K.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Soon we all be able to answer this question as there is a voluteer at the SNM working in the archives on answering this very question not only for 62 GT's but also for the 63's and 64's as well.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Of course much more is already known about the Really "Special" Cars: Jet Thrust Larks, JT & JTS Hawks, Avantis, '56 Golden Hawks, even some info breakdowns on '57 GH's and '55 Speedsters.

I put "Really" in Bold because, I know we all think Ours are "Special" and also certain "Other" Models.

Remember that 1958 Scotsman 2 Door Sedans and 1958 Champion 2 Door Sedans are FAR more rare than Avantis, and just MAY be someones pride and joy.

Although generally; I am NOT, I am TRYING to be just a little bit "Politically Correct" !
          Last edited by StudeRich; 05-12-2019, 05:09 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X