Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urethane sealer at bottom of door pillars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Urethane sealer at bottom of door pillars?

I am stripping the paint around the jambs on my 51 Land Cruiser. I have removed what appears to have been old flexible grey seam sealer from the thin gaps where the tabs of the B-pillars are folded out and attach to the roof .

I assume that urethane seam sealer should go back in but what about at the bottoms of the pillars? There was not much evidence of old sealer down there so I wondered if these small gaps were intended to 'drain' the pillars. I don't like the idea of all the water from the road splashing up inside the pillar so I'm leaning toward filling all the small gaps with seam sealer.

Thoughts from those with more experience?

Jim
    \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
    Jim Mann
    Victoria, B.C.
    Canada

You can use a good 2 part seam sealer, be sure to clean the metal first and use an etch prime =r on the bare metal. Do not put seam sealer on bare metal. You could probably use a brushable seam sealer too, it's a lot cheaper, but not as good as a 2 part.

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
    X