View Full Version : flex tube

03-07-2007, 01:29 AM
I have just purchased a 62 Hawk GT, the flex tube that goes to the under seat heater is in pieces. Where are these available from? Is there an easy substitute available? Hello Mr. Steinkamp, talked to you a couple of weeks ago about Hawks. Lou [8D] enjoying todays sunshine

03-07-2007, 02:50 AM

I think SASCO or SI would have this stuff. If you didn't care about originality, you could get some 4" flexible dryer (clothes dryer) vent pipe and make it work.;)

Miscreant adrift in
the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe

Dick Steinkamp
03-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Congrats, Lou! [8D]

As Bob says, check out SASCO or SI for that hose. It's on page 114 of SI's catalog...


While you're at it, pick up the shop manual, as well as the chassis and body parts catalogs. You'll need them.

Here's links to a lot of the Studebaker vendors...


Most important of all, Join the Studebaker Driver's Club...


...and the North Puget Sound Chapter...


You'll be glad you did!

Hope to see you and that new Hawk at a few shows this year. Bring it on up to Bellingham on the 25th of this month for Leprechaun Daze. A great show in Downtown Bellingham. They close off Railroad Avenue for the show.


03-07-2007, 11:21 AM
I order it from by local auto parts store, they car get it in any size. (Mine is made by Dayco)

64 Commander 2 dr.
64 Daytona HT
63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black)
63 Avanti R1
63 Daytona convert
63 Lark 2 door
63 Lark 2 door #2
62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
62 Lark 2 door
60 Lark HT
60 Hawk
59 3E truck
52 Starliner
51 Commander

03-07-2007, 01:21 PM
I bought mine from J.C. Whitney

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6ce20b3127cce8d0e3b50356c00000000400CcNWTlozYsb http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6dc03b3127cce970d7aafd15f00000010100CcNWTlozYsb
Studebaker Fever
60 Lark
51 Champion
Arnold, Missouri