Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: New fuel line for '54 Land Cruiser

Hello,

My car did not have a fuel line installed between the fuel pump and carburetor. This is a 232-V8, all original, with Stromberg WW 2-bbl carb.

I need to build a steel fuel line. I bought some 1/4" steel line, a tube bender and a double-flare kit. Problem is, I'm not sure which fittings to use on both ends - pump and carb. What size are they, and where can I buy them?

Thank you,

Tony

You will need 1/4" inverted flare fittings, most all auto parts stores carry them. Also to save time (and material) check out Utube for flaring videos.
    It is an addiction!

Comment

Originally posted by jbwhttail View Post
      You will need 1/4" inverted flare fittings, most all auto parts stores carry them. Also to save time (and material) check out Utube for flaring videos.
      Much appreciated, kind sir.

Comment

If you can spare some of that tubing you bought, practice doing the double flare, the inexpensive flaring tools are poorly constructed and sometimes take using them a few times to get the flare right. If you find it too tough to get them right so they don't leak, the same auto parts store usually carries straight tubes with the ends already done in various lengths.

Comment

Auto stores might even have the right length in brake line with both ends already double flared. I used brake line to make the fuel line for the electric pump on my 1950 Champion.

Karterfred88 is right about the cheap double flaring. Filing or grinding a slight bevel on the end often helps.

Comment

You shouldn't need a double flare on the fuel line. Also a little lube on the ends doesn't hurt.
            Klif
            55 Speedster/Street Machine
            63 Avanti R2
            64 Convertible R1

Comment

Working...
            X