Ignition switch lamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Ignition switch lamp

While working under the dash on my 62 GT I see a light laying up among the mess of wires at the ignition switch. Looking in the shop manual it shows a switch lamp. Assuming that is it, how do you attach it?
    Jim

There is a holder cylinder that the bulb slides into, and it has a tab spot welded to the side. That tab is screwed directly to the pot metal switch.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

As above - Usually the bulb and holder can be CAREFULLY slid out of the cylinder (mentioned above) that is attached to the lock housing. The problem is that it is often corroded in place and the wires will pull out if they are pulled on. Best bet - If the bulb and holder do not easily slide out, remove the ign. sw. and proceed from there.

Paul TK

Comment

If your car has an aftermarket ignition switch, there may not be a place to install the lamp housing...

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
          If your car has an aftermarket ignition switch, there may not be a place to install the lamp housing...
          Thanks for the info. I have not been able to separate the switch from the bezel to get it out of the dash as of yet. I guess it is corroded on.

Comment

You have to push really hard on switch,push towards dash then push bezel toward switch to release. the plastic spacer adds to spring tension and twisting like a human pretzel to reach switch dont help! Luck Doofus

Comment

Working...
            X