Stromberg model WW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stromberg model WW

I was going through boxes looking for an old solid state radio when I came across a box of old Studebaker parts I barely remember getting. In the box, among a few hawk parts was a nice clean Stromberg WW carburetor with some of the linkage still attached. I never found the radio (of course), but I'm wondering what a WW carb is for. Anyone know?

I also found a couple parts I had to figure out what they were. They are support brackets for the air cleaner on a 1957 hawk with the flathead engine. I think I had two made up by a machine shop because I couldn't find a real one.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Scott,
    To be more precise as to what that "WW" fits, find the small #s on the top cover of the carb that covers the float bowl..should be 6-***. In the parts books that # will tell you what year car that fits.
    Dan Miller

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
    Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

I checked the carburetor and the number on the top is 6-132. The 2 is worn a bit, but I'm pretty sure it's a 2. I don't have a parts book, but maybe someone online can tell me what year that would be for. I'm pretty sure that it uses an oil bath air cleaner, but I don't have that.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Scott,
        According to the info I have, that fits a 63' or 64' car or truck.
        Hope this helps.
        Dan

Comment

I wonder if that's the unit I took off a 1964 sedan that was abandoned near where I lived when I was in my teens. It could be the same unit. I've wondered for years where it was.

No, wait a minute...That must be the one I took off my 1964 Daytona when I switched it to a 4 barrel (WCFB). I've also been wondering where I put THAT one! [:I]

I suppose a good core isn't worth too much.

Thanks!

Comment

If the throttle arm is still attached securely to the shaft and all of the pieces, linkages, choke system is all still intact, you'd be supprized. I bought a good one from Robert (Transtar56), a few months back for $30, put a kit in it, works as good as new. You want to sell it[?] leme' know.
            Dan

Comment

I've got a shelf full of core WWs. They were used on Studes from 53 thru 64 as well as many other makes of cars over time. Lots of them were used on industrial engines as well.
              They're a good-working, durable unit. Only the throttle shafts tend to go south on them. More precisely, the throttle shaft bores. Shaft bores rebushed and carb rekitted - good for another 30 years!

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hmmm. I've got a core and I sold the Daytona. So THAT means I'll have to buy another Studebaker to put this on, right? [] Well, maybe an engine at least, THEN the rest of the car...

Comment

Aha! The light bulb's coming on Scott! Why do you think I have ten thousand Studebaker parts lying around???

"Honey, I've got this here dash cluster from a '53 coupe. Isn't it only logical that I bring home a car for it to complete???"[]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                  X