No announcement yet.

Dash pad : Vinyl coloring ; problem ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Dash pad : Vinyl coloring ; problem ??

Ok...here's a problem . . maybe. I bought and installed my 2nd 1962 Lark dashpad from a reputable vendor. I had requested and received the brown colored one as ordered. I installed the pad perfectly with clamps and sticks and noticed once I turned the dash over, some of the dash paint had "flaked off". Not a lot, but because I want this NOS interior to look great, I cannot install without coloring the dash new. I was going to dye the armrests brown like the carpet, rear cargo area, wheelhousings, etc. I had anticipated dyeing the dash to be consistent. Now I want to know if the surface I'm going (needing) to dye will accept and hold up to the new dyeing process (SEMS product). The better part of me says to strip all the dash paint off the pad and clean good and start fresh. Any opinions ?

The wise thing to do is contact the Vendor and find out which process they used to Paint the Dash Pad, as I am pretty sure they come in bare from the Mfg. and get the Studebaker Color of your choice before shipping.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
    X