No announcement yet.

Dana 44 3.07 gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just remember that there are reverse rotation front Dana 44's and Dana 44's with thick ring gears. Just make sure to match what you have with what you want. Ask questions. Most passenger cars and some 4x4's will use regular Dana's so what you are after are plentiful. Studebaker used tapered 19 spline axles until 1963/4 so if you find parts for a 19 spline then you can be pretty sure it will fit.

I have a 3.73 gear set that I got from the rear of a Jeep.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
      I once owned a SAAB with "4 on the tree".
      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
      50 Champion 2 door*
      53 Commander K Auto*
      53 Commander K overdrive*
      55 President Speedster
      62 GT 4Speed*
      63 Avanti R1*
      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

I'm looking to do the same thing. I went on line and the results were confusing. The Spicer Dana catalog lists at least four different standard rotation 3.07 gear set part #s. Which one is correct? If anyone has the part #s and/or where to buy the right one, please let me know.
        Thanks in advance!
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Skybolt View Post
          /Cut/Studebaker used tapered 19 spline axles until 1963/4 so if you find parts for a 19 spline then you can be pretty sure it will fit./Cut/
          Make that Tapered Axles were used until Mid. Year Model 1965, accept (all those! ) R3 Powered Cars.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by brian6373 View Post
            I'm looking to do the same thing. I went on line and the results were confusing. The Spicer Dana catalog lists at least four different standard rotation 3.07 gear set part #s. Which one is correct? If anyone has the part #s and/or where to buy the right one, please let me know.
            Thanks in advance!
            Brian
            It may have to do with the +/- number stamped on the end of the pinion. If you get the same number as your's the shim packs will be close if nothing else is disturbed. Otherwise, I don't know but that is why I keep recommending folks talk to there local 4X4 or other experts when they purchase them. They are not that expensive and their advice is priceless if you are doing it yourself.

Bob

Comment

Working...
            X