No announcement yet.

R4 Dual 4s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=jeds55;730554]Carter WCFB X 2 + Caddy manifold = 1 great ride 4 me.......[/QUOTE

Jim I just found this picture along with some others, looks like yours.

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Really like your truck and what you have done with the 2 X4 Cadillac Intake.
      I have a cast iron Cadillac intake, and would like an aluminum version. Can you tell me the source. as it looks new.
      What all must be done to the intake to make it "fit" with the Studebaker heads?
      Thanks
      John Brissette
      Louisville KY

Comment

Hi JLB,

I bought my manifold from Bob (candbstudebakers). He has just posted a couple of pictures of my manifold (the third picture is not mine). He had all of the machine work done on the manifold before I got it. My brother did the work on the heads to match the ports up. I found the set of WCFBs on line. They were originally built by Carter as part of the 1957 Dodge D500 NASCAR program. The heads have been rework with larger valves. The cam is a Ted Harbit grind. The bore is 80 over, making the engine a little over 300 cu. in.. The exhaust headers are Avanti, the muffler is a Borla unit (1 in - 2 out ) 2 1/2" at the tips.

The idea was to get her to breath at 1,000 rpm and roar at 5,000 rpm. Some where in between I can get better gas mileage with this set up than I did with the Edelbrock I took off.

It all came together thanks to a lot of help from some real craftsmen and my wife working an extra year...

Jim
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jeds55; 03-27-2013, 05:39 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X