Avanti Digital Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo / Tach / Gauges: Avanti Digital Dash

Or How to save a ton of space behind an Avanti dash.

The Micro feed on my mill is awaiting parts (back order) so my clutch progress has ground to zero. So I started to mock up the Intellitronix Digital Gauge package I purchased from Ebay. $150, lifetime warranty, rebuilt.

I recreated the Avanti panel in 16 ga sheet metal and cut a Trim panel out of 1/8" aluminum. I then mocked the cluster into the panel to see what it looks like. It leaves me room for two more digital gauges (AFR and Timing from Holley) as well as several switches I need to mock up.

I like it, so on to more trimming and a decision on black leather/vinyl or carbon fiber. I'm leaning toward carbon fiber.

Cluster illuminated, The black is electrical tape on the 1/8" aluminum frame.

[IMG][/IMG]

Backside

[IMG][/IMG]

Front

[IMG][/IMG]

Bob

The only digital gauges in a stock Avanti, pre-1999, that I can think of are in 1988 Silver Anniversary LSC.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Nicely done, working out through mock-up.
      sigpic 1963 Studebaker Avanti: LS1 motor and T-56 transmission have been moved rearward, set up as a two seat coupe with independent rear suspension. Complex solutions for nonexistant problems.

Comment

Originally posted by grobb284 View Post
        Nicely done, working out through mock-up.
        Gene

Haven't seen anything on your SS framed Avanti lately. Any updates?

Bob

Comment

Dakota Digital makes some NICE gauges that will fit the holes, but, they WILL be more than $150.00!!

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Not all Silver Anniversary cars have digital gauges. Could be some people have replaced with analog or they just never were installed on all Silver Anniversary cars. Gauges are still made I believe, CYBERDYNE instruments. Should fit right in the holes in Avanti dash.
            I have car #3.
            Last edited by RonB; 02-14-2013, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X