Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Got fuel pump rebuild kit,torn rubber piece? HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reply Mike. I too am surprised that Cellar doesn't seem to realize that their flat washer is a failure and that we need the cupped ring seal retainer for successful rebuilds.

Dean Croft
    Roseburg,OR

CLEM DESEE
    Dean

CLEM

Comment

The "AC" type seal in the kits isn't like the original "Carter" stem seal, which is also a bearing that supports the upper end of the stem.
      I think the rivets in the kits that retain the valves are a good choice. They may flow better than the original "mushroom" type retainers. You can reuse the original retainers, if you like. The kit's valve discs are like original; although I've seen old discs so dried out I thought they were formica!
      I just visited the Cellar site. It appears they are molding their own seals now. I bet they are the same as the "AC" part, and that the formed washer would fit.
      Cellar originally put the formed washer in their kits, (and useful instructions). They know it looks better, and may be easier to work with. They insist the flat washer is adequate. Maybe they can't get the formed washer, anymore?
      Mike M.

Comment

Working...
      X