Help with Avanti wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Help with Avanti wiring diagram

Good Morning to all on the forum. I am new here because I am helping a friend wire a 1964 Avanti. We are in need of a good CLEAR (old eyes) wireing diagram for the 64 Avanti. Where can I look or whom can I contact for help?

Thanks for taking the time to allow me to post my needs

I can be reached at toby.lovelace@sheridan.com

Thanks Have a great day
    Toby

Go to the top of this page and click on the SDC home page, go down to the Tech Tips topic and then to the "Wiring Diagrams" topic. You should be able to find what you need there. Hope this helps.

Dan Miller
    Auburn, GA
    Last edited by ROADRACELARK; 01-10-2012, 08:25 AM.

Comment

I had wireing problems with my Avanti. I couldn't get use to how they drag a ground from all over the place because the body is fiber glass. If you are having one particular place let me know and I'll look at mine or take pictures of it. Tom

Comment

I took my copy out of the book & went to an office supply store. After 3 copies, each one larger than the other I ended up with oe thats 32x24 & alot easier to read! I have it mounted in a frame here in the office & have to refer to it now & then.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Wire diagram

Originally posted by ROADRACELARK View Post
          Go to the top of this page and click on the SDC home page, go down to the Tech Tips topic and then to the "Wiring Diagrams" topic. You should be able to find what you need there. Hope this helps.

Dan Miller
          Auburn, GA
          Roadracelark excuse my computer ignorance but I was unable to locate your source as discribed. I am still looking for a 64 wiring diagram. I ALSO may need a source for a harness. In stock is important as we have a YORK show deadline for the owner.

Thanks Guys
          Toby

Comment

Originally posted by tlkolrod View Post
            Good Morning to all on the forum. I am new here because I am helping a friend wire a 1964 Avanti. We are in need of a good CLEAR (old eyes) wireing diagram for the 64 Avanti. Where can I look or whom can I contact for help?

Thanks for taking the time to allow me to post my needs

I can be reached at toby.lovelace@sheridan.com

Thanks Have a great day
            Toby

Bob Langer
            Glenshaw,PA

Comment

Thanks Bob but my version from that link looks all broken up as far as wire color. When I enlarge it does not help. I need a better image.

Thank for the help. Toby

Comment

Thanks Bob but my version from that link looks all broken up as far as wire color. When I enlarge it does not help. I need a better image.

Thank for the help. Toby
                This may be better.

Bob Langer
                Glenshaw,PA

Comment

Roadracelark excuse my computer ignorance but I was unable to locate your source as discribed. I am still looking for a 64 wiring diagram. I ALSO may need a source for a harness. In stock is important as we have a YORK show deadline for the owner.

Thanks Guys
                  Toby
                  Y-n-Z Yesteryear parts offers show correct replacement harnesses. I should know, I supplied them with one for the patterns. Talk to Brian
                  909-798-1498
                  Last edited by bezhawk; 01-11-2012, 09:53 AM.
                  Bez Auto Alchemy
                  573-318-8948
                  http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

The car owner should have a shop manual. See if you can get it. The wiring diagram is a fold out, so it's pretty good size. Or take the manual to a copy shop and have it enlarged like Warren did.
                    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Thanks to all we got a good diagram and we are off and running. Lots of wires to replace but now we can trace what we need

Thanks to all of you guys for the help
                      Toby

Comment

you can always create a common ground by running a nice piece of 10 gauge ( from the negative side of battery) wire to the area where you need to ground various other wires. Solder in leads long enough to reach various individual devices and solder on appropriate connectors or use a very good crimping tool with the connectors it is designed for. Avoid butt splicing wires to make them longer use correct length wires when possible. Make sure you have a good ground to the engine from the battery and from battery to frame. Clean every surface you connect to. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                        X