1966 194 Carb Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: 1966 194 Carb Question.

Hi, Thanks for your help, First the Car been sitting for about 3 years. But when I start it up it runs well at higher RPMs, once the Choke opens the Car slowing Idles Down and then Starts surging up and Down in the RPMs and the Fuel Filter is only about 1/2 full, What you think I should try to get her to Idle Better? The Surging aways been there on this car,it is Getting Better as I driver her more.

Sounds like a vac. leak, perhaps bad gaskets in the carb or intake, but this can also be the results of clogged primary jets... my suggestion is a full tune up including carb rebuild and complete system check,

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to replace the fuel pump and clean the out the tank and fuel lines,.... sitting fuel is bad news and cause tons of trouble.. good luck and keep us posted

Comment

Agree with Mainard. Another slim possibility is the advance weights worn & floppy in the distributor, but would start looking at a rebuild kit for the carb & a fuel pump. It's not uncommon for a fuel filter to have some air showing in it (otice that I didn't use the word "work" in this response).
      Mike sal

Comment

Working...
      X