Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawk grease fittings...how many are there???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk grease fittings...how many are there???

Does anyone have a diagram of the locations of all the grease fittings on a 56 Hawk? I looked in the shop manual under lubrication and also under front suspension and could not find anything. I don't think my Hawk has been greased in 20 years and when I went to do it today I realized that haphazardly chiseling off crud in search of the fittings might not be the most efficient method.

Originally posted by stevo5671 View Post
    Does anyone have a diagram of the locations of all the grease fittings on a 56 Hawk? I looked in the shop manual under lubrication and also under front suspension and could not find anything. I don't think my Hawk has been greased in 20 years and when I went to do it today I realized that haphazardly chiseling off crud in search of the fittings might not be the most efficient method.
    Pages 3 thru 10 in the "Lubrication" section of the 1956 Shop Manual provide all the "Lube" info you'll ever want to know about your Hawk.

Good Luck!!!

Comment

This will do if you're in a pinch. There are fittings shown but not described. An important one is the rear of the main crossmember (steering belcrank)
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Stevo...simply put there are too many! I have done it a few times now on our '56 and go thru an entire tube of grease each time! I have a pdf drawing from the shop manual, but it's too big to upload to the fourm. If anyone is interested PM me your email address and I'll send it your way.

Comment

I seem to remember that there were 27 on my 1957 President Classic.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Don't forget the brake pedal shaft [under drivers side in front of master cylinder] automatic transmission.
            South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Working...
            X