56 wagon back-up lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 wagon back-up lights

I know we have had this discussion a while back, BUT I just got outbid on ebay for what I would consider to be a set of 56 back-up lights for a my wagon. The question,puzzle and the real question is are they the same as the 59-61 Hawk parking/turn signal lights.(Ebay #250104255146),I took what was left of mine and compared them to the ebay add and they look identical. As you can see they went for what I consider real money. I was on the road so I had to place my bids early so I couldn't rebid but I JUST GOT'S TO KNOW, are these the same???? Thanks, If someone can add the ebay pic's that would be great?

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

My memory of those Wagon B/U lights is that they were flatter on the backside than the '59-'61 hawk Parking Lights(they are deep bullets). Both however are same style and brand (GM) Guide, housing and glass lens, but I don't think those interchange either. I think you have a better chance finding these on a '51 Pontiac than a Hawk!

There are a bunch of SDC members in the Northern Calif. area with these '56 Wagons restored, someone must have B/U lights on one to compare!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If anyone has a set on their wagon can you post a picture or measurements. Mine are 2 1/4 dia(at the opening) and approx 2 3/4 deep(housing only, no lens or bezel).My wagon's build sheet say they were OEM. I know the 55's are diff. and the 57's haven't seen any yet. But I can say they look just like the ones on ebay that where suppose to be Hawks?? Mine are rusted pretty bad but I might have to have them rechromed and it appears everything but the housing is available new thru SI. Maybe they were mis-represented on e-bay??? Thanks

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
      Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

1957 Wagons do not have the hung-on afterthought looking kind of accessory back-up light, they are built into the tailights.

Quote: KGlowacky /and the 57's, haven't seen any yet./

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
        X