1952 Studebaker Commander with a v6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1952 Studebaker Commander with a v6?

I have a 1952 Studebaker Commander, but it has a v6 in it. I can't find much informaiton online about the 1952 year. So my question is, did a previous owner swap out the v8 for a v6 or was this a factory option to downgrade the engine?

Thanks!

There were Champion IN LINE 6's, but no V6's. You would want to determine what brand and size of engine you have, if it truly has 3 cylinders on each side!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

All 1952 Commanders came with an OHV V8 engine and all 1952 Champions came with a inline flathead six cylinder engine. Studebaker did not build or offer a V6 engine in a car.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Welcome, Anthony.
        Just about any online search you do about Studebakers is going to bring you back here, or to one of the many page links on the Studebaker Drivers Club home page. You can access all those links by clicking on the "SDC HOME PAGE" at the bottom of this screen.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10,
        '51 Commander Starlight,
        '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
        '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

WHOOPS!!! I ment an inline 6. Actually, I found out it is a Champion and not a Commander. So it all makes sense now.

Comment

Well I am new to Studebaker as you can tell Not much information out there on these things on the Internet.

I have a 1952 Studebaker Champion Regal Starlight Coupe. Just got it the other day from my Grandpa. Actually, I was with him when he bought it a long time ago. Didn't really want another project, but it seems to be easy to work on. My other project is my 1967 Corvair Monza Coupe
            Last edited by anthonyforensics; 10-21-2010, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Join the club! It's only $19.95 for your first year and the monthly magazine TURNING WHEELS will more than reward your ownership.
              http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/joinsdc.asp
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10,
              '51 Commander Starlight,
              '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

I probably will end up joining... BUT I do want to see how well I like the Studebaker first... how readily available parts are, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyforensics View Post
                  I probably will end up joining... BUT I do want to see how well I like the Studebaker first... how readily available parts are, etc.
                  You will discover that when you read your first copy of our monthly publication "TURNING WHEELS" or maybe go to your first Zone Meet or International Meet!

Actually Studebaker never salvaged hardly ANY of their huge supply of new old stock parts at the Parts Depots in South Bend,IN, Hamilton Ontario Canada and all over the Country, hundreds of TONS of them still remain.
                  Try buying a NOS Blue armrest for a Corsa Coupe, they are still around for Studebakers!
                  Welcome Tony!
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Never assume a part for a Studebaker is no longer available. Oh, sure, there are many that may take some searching but, for the most part, one phone call or email is all you need. You just need to know where to direct the call. That's where the SDC flower blooms.

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10,
                    '51 Commander Starlight,
                    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
                    X