A frame bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A frame bushings

Looking for anyone who would know what bushings no.that will crossover to fit 59 lark upper and lower a frames? Also i greased everything in the front end including the pivot shaft fitting and with the front end off the ground it takes all the muscles you have to turn the wheel. You go to the front wheels to try and turn them no way.So i was thinking of taking off the drag link to see if the steering box is bad or the pivot shaft is frooze.Any help on this is welcome.Thanks Moose[8D]

Most likely it's your King Pin Bearings refusing to turn. The upper and lower "A" arm bushings are available at all of us Studebaker Vendors at studebakervendors.com don't waste your time trying to cross it over, because I don't think it does, it's Studebaker only.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

KINGPINS!
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Making the assumption you greased the suspension with a hand gun. If so, it is worth a try to find a shop which still has a pressure lube gun. Put the car on their lift with pickups on the frame, so the weight is off the wheels and the suspension is at full droop. Turn the wheels full left. Then, use the air pressure to force grease into the kingpins. Then, turn full right and hit it again. Last, lower the hoist onto stands, so the weight is on the front wheels and hit it with grease again with the wheels straight ahead.

thnx, jv.

PackardV8
        PackardV8

Comment

Working...
        X