Metering Rod Retainer Clip? Carter AS2876

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metering Rod Retainer Clip? Carter AS2876

I was disassembling my Carter carb from my '59 Lark VI and pryed loose the metering rod retainer clip. It must have had a good deal of spring action to it as it shot off like a rocket. I heard it hit but never found it. I wish I would have cupped my hand over it when I took it off.

I rebuilt the whole carb but am lacking just this tiny little clip. My rebuild kit did not contain the dubious clip. Does anyone know where I could find this little part??? It attaches the metering rod to the pump lifter link.

Thanks!

Call Daytona Parts Co. 386-427-7108 or Google them. They have been in the carb business for ever and may be able to help ya.
    59 Lark Regal 2Dr Hardtop
    51 Champion 2Dr Sedan
    27 Ford Roadster
    Harleys, Mustangs and other Goodies

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead49 View Post
      Call Daytona Parts Co. 386-427-7108 or Google them. They have been in the carb business for ever and may be able to help ya.
      Thanks for the tip, but they didn't have it. I am on the hunt.

Comment

Do you have a part number?
        Bo

Comment

Try Don Gay of Lowpoint, IL. A great guy to deal with.

He's in Glendale this week. Once the meet is over, call 309-443-5217.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I called Cathcart Studebaker on my lunch hour and found one. He was very helpful.

I originally bought the rebuild kit from Studebakerparts.com. I tried him first but he never replied to my email as his website says he is closed due to the big show in AZ. I called Studebaker Int'l before I went to work this morning and spoke to a girl named Crystal. She was friendly, took all my information and said she would call back later with an answer. I never heard back from her.

Anyhow...I am happy that I should have the car running again soon thanks to Cathcart.

Comment

One week later and Crystal from Studebaker Int'l finally called me back and left a VM on my cell phone to say she had the part I needed. A little too late....

Comment

Working...
              X