Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'54 Studebaker Carpet Colors - Help Needed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '54 Studebaker Carpet Colors - Help Needed!

Does anyone a sample chart or a color chart of the carpet colors offered on the 1954 Studebaker passenger vehicles?

I am not sure if the '54 Salesman's Book had the carpet colors illustrated or not......but if it does, I sure would appreciate it if someone that has one of these books could scan those pages.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html

quote:Originally posted by r1lark

Does anyone a sample chart or a color chart of the carpet colors offered on the 1954 Studebaker passenger vehicles?

I am not sure if the '54 Salesman's Book had the carpet colors illustrated or not......but if it does, I sure would appreciate it if someone that has one of these books could scan those pages.
    I have the 1954 "Inside Facts" book, but there are no carpet color pages. For the high trim level cars (the ones that received carpet rather than rubber) it talks about "soft pile, deep tone carpets in front and rear". According to the interior pictures, the carpet color matched to upholstery color.

What body style do you have, and what interior color(s)? Maybe there is a picture of your combination in the "Inside Facts" or one of the '54 showroom brochures I have that would show the carpet color.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

You might call Rene' Harger at
      PHANTOM AUTO WORKS
      311 E. ANDERSON AVE.
      KNOXVILLE, TN 37917
      (865)525-6025

He should be able to help you out.

Steve
      53 Commander Hardtop
      55 Commander Conestoga
      60 Lark Convertible
      49 2R15 Stakebed
      Steve

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

53 Commander Hardtop, A/T, P/S
      55 Commander Conestoga
      60 Lark Regal Convertible, A/T
      59 Lark 4 Door Parts Car
      62 Champ 7E7, A/T
      49 2R15 Stakebed

Comment

You know, Dick..... I think I have samples (maybe even swatch books) of that kinda thing in all that reference material that came with those two coupes you bought. I've been meaning to donate that stuff to the museum. Andy Beckman DID say he'd be receptive to such.
        I've gleaned thru all the materials and kept what I wanted for reference and there's STILL 3 big boxes of samples, notes, photo documentation & suppliers.

I'll breeze thru the stuff this AM and see if I spot any carpet samples but I must say that Phantom Interiors PROBABLY has the carpets (and materials) in stock.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Dick,

The body style is a Champion Regal 4-door, so it came with rubber mat in the front and carpet in the back. (Not sure why Studebaker did that, but according to a Fred Fox article, this is correct.) The carpet in the back looks original, and knowing the history of the car probably is, but I don't trust the 'current' color to give me a good representation of what it was originally. And as of yet, I have not found any 'hidden' areas that seem to have a good sample of what the color was originallhy.

The interior is blue (on the Production Order, the trim designation is: 8007 BL 111). The interior paint color is Aura Blue, according to Dwain G.

This car will be a driver (which is why I am not getting Phantom carpets for it, I'm too cheap<G&gt, so I want to put carpet in front and back. And while the color does not need to be exact, I at least wanted to pick the closest available color to the original rear carpet.

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

I have several blues, the light blue as used on GT Hawk is the most popular, but have have darker colors also. Mine are are $220 set/$15UPS.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
            Studebaker News Group

64 Daytona HT
            64 R2 4 speed Challenger
            63 R2 4 speed GT Black
            63 R2 4 speed GT White
            63 GT Hawk
            63 Avanti
            62 Daytona HT
            53 Coupe

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by r1lark

Dick,

The body style is a Champion Regal 4-door, so it came with rubber mat in the front and carpet in the back.

The interior is blue (on the Production Order, the trim designation is: 8007 BL 111).
              Here's a blue/blue Champion Regal 4 door from the Inside Facts book. The same car is pictured in my showroom brochure...

"...artistically match the 'mood' of this rhapsody in Color styled harmony". SHEESE...you almost have to wear hip waders to read some of this stuff...and it was aimed at the salespersons [)].

Sure enough, there's a rubber mat in front. I would guess those are impossible to find now.

If your car has been reupholstered, or is "wearing" the upholstery you will be using, I would think it would be more important to match that upholstery rather than the original carpet...but that's just me.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick,

Thanks for posting this picture!

Do you have a higher resolution copy that you can email me? If so, I sure would appreciate it. My email is r1lark@aol.com

Paul

Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Working...
                X