Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rerun it looks like you may be right. I went to the NAPA website and typed in the number. The part that came up did look anything like the part they ordered for me at my NAPA! It looks like what you described. A good price too!!!

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Rerun

Maybe someone put the wrong PCV valve in the box??? My NAPA doesn't stock this number. They ordered it in for me. So, I can't check another one there. Next time I'm in the store, I'll have them double check the application for the '63 R-1.

Jim Bradley
      Hey guys... I am in the same situation right now with my '63 - 289 Daytona. New Edelbrock 1403 carb installed. I went to NAPA after reading some of your discussions a couple of days ago, and the guy there said that 29267 was the right number for my engine, but he had to order it. My existing PCV is in-line and has a 90 degree elbow on it. I decided to just flush it out good with gas and see how she works. I'd still like to go to the screw-in type though, for appearance if nothing else.

'63 Daytona Convertible

Comment

I ordered two 29267 PCV valves. My 289 block has a srcrew in PCV at one end and a non-screw at the other. My new valves are not in , they are due in today. What is the 289 number thought to be at this point in time?

Comment

I am not sure what happened at my NAPA, but the number Rerun put out 29267 appears to be correct, and it is only $6.45! The one that came in the box I ordered and had the right number on it was not anything close to what the right was should be. Go to http://www.napaonline and type in the number and you can see what it looks like.

Dan White
          64 R1 GT
          64 R2 GT
          Dan White
          64 R1 GT
          64 R2 GT
          58 C Cab
          57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Can't seem to get that NAPA site to work right, but here's an Advance Auto Parts site with the (according to them) correct PCV. Take a look... http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...type=5&ptset=A

'63 Daytona Convertible

Comment

Well, that's good to know. I was beginning to think that my "clutch was slipping". The PCV valves pictured on the NAPA site and the Parts America site look like the one that I installed. The price is certainly good.

Please note the direction of flow of this valve. The threaded end goes toward the carburator. There are others on the market with the threads on the engine end of the valve, which would not be suitable for this application.

Jim Bradley
              Jim Bradley
              Lake Monticello, VA
              '78 Avanti II
              sigpic

Comment

The NAPA site is: http://www.napaonline.com

Sorry forgot the .com!

Dan White
                64 R1 GT
                64 R2 GT
                Dan White
                64 R1 GT
                64 R2 GT
                58 C Cab
                57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

# 29267 Echlin PCV valve works on my 289 V-8. Now some say it is for the Six cylinder. I just ordered the Echlin number at NAPA, they charged too much $6.25 + freight but the PCV valve is a seldom replaced item . Car idle, hot and cold, is normal. My cold start is first start of the day when the temp is 84 degrees and rising. Napa has always been high priced to my thinking, I think they priced Auto ZOne and O'Riley in to business. BUT Napa has a great selection.

Comment

Working...
                  X