Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

T-cab booster

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-cab booster

Just bought an 8" chromed dual diaphram booster with powder coated master cylinder to see if I could adapt to the T-cab. Darn! Just not enough room for much of any kind of booster. Even going down to a 7" would not help much. And this set up looked so nice! Well, I'll continue the search for a brake booster and dual mc that will work. Have read that the Chevy monza will work but am worried that it will not do the job adequately.
    Help !

Kerry have you considered a Hydraboost like that used on Cehvy diesel trucks?? It runs off a powersteering pump.
    Jeff Rice has one on his CE(yellow truck) and I've found one here
    http://broncograveyard.com/products/cat/13/33/12512

I think Jeff used a M/C from a Firebird with his

Comment

Yes, I had looked at that. But the cost is a pretty high for this project. This does slim things down a bit and should fit with no problems.

53commander HDTP
      53 Champion HDTP
      64 Champ long bed V8
      64 GT
      64 Champ long bed V8
      55/53 Studebaker President S/R
      53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Yeah they're pretty proud of their kit, but you might find a core at a junkyard and get a rebuild.

Comment

Working...
        X