bead roller question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bead roller question

Has any one out there have any experiance with the bead roller from harbor Freight,good or bad. Or does any one have a brand that they use and highly recommend

The bead roller from Harbor Freight will only roll up to 20 gauge. The one from Eastwood will roll 18 gauge.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Studebaker Diners Club

Comment

Or you could build your own as SweetolBob did.

quote:Originally posted by sweetolbob

Brent, Not trying to hijack the thread but you asked about the bead roller.

Not sure what guage steel it will roll but it ate up the 18 ga floor panels I made. The secret to a bead roller it to build the frame strong enough to tow trucks with.

I'm lucky in that I've accumulated a lathe, mill, and both stick and mig welders over the years.

Obviously it's been a while since I've used it.

Bob

A wild Red Hawk admiring it's reflection.
      In the middle of Minnestudea
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Brent and ST2DE5 are correct and that's stretching it.

If you purchase either economy bead roller you will "NOT" be satisfied with the performance even on 20 ga.

HOWEVER!!, they are cheap to buy and you will get your money's worth in tooling. If you look at the end view of mine you could take their's and reinforce it to perform with 18 ga. Just need some steel and a good welder.

Thanks for posting the pictures Brent, saved me the trouble.

Bob

Comment

Buy the one from Harbor Freight when it is on sale and reinforce it so that it does not spread apart in the jaws. I use mine for .062" aluminum and .050" steel. .047 is 18 Ga. and .062" is 16 Ga.

Comment

Working...
          X