E3 Spark Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3 Spark Plugs

Has anyone used E3 spark plugs in a Champion 6?

Run any better...?[}]

Thanks for the input!

Ted
    '57 Champion

I haven't used one but I doubt if you'll accomplish anything beyond richening the bank account of the manufacturer and lightening your wallet. Exotic spark plugs are fine for newer technology ignition systems and extended mileage tune-ups, but are a waste in older cars.

Pick a brand, get the appropriate heat range for their application and you'll be fine. In a stock system in good shape, the recommended application is best. If you have worn rings or some other issue, then a different heat range might be called for, but still little need for the exotic stuff.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I wouldn't waste money on exotic spark plugs in a Stude six as the engine has a fairly low compression ratio and doesn't rev very high. Use plugs that are recommended by the plug manufacturers and your engine will run fine. If the engine is an oil burner, then you might have to use a hotter plug or a non fouler adaptor. Bud

Comment

I sometimes run an E3 in one of my other race tractors, it has a stock 11hp briggs of that has anything to do with it. All I have found is that they seem to be able to withstand a little more heat, and don't foul as easily, as I usually run this tractor wide open in most races. It's not the Lawn-Lark btw.[?]

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

Waste of money, just pick up some Autolite, NGK or Bosch Plugs, even Champion, if that is all you can find for a Six.

Everyone has their Favs, for me it is no longer Champion, and never was AC or AC Delco! [xx(]

StudeRich
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X