Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Need a Starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Starter

Looking for a starter for a 1960 six cylinder

Did you try any of the Studebaker vendors? Are yousure youneed a starter? You might need new brushes or bushings.

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

While you're at it, make sure all the ground straps and cables are making a good connection.

Comment

I've got one I removed from a 63 Six auto,cleaned it up inside & checked brushes,whirres over good when power put to her.The down side being they are heavy & expensive to ship.EG I just shipped a 1929 starter (25lbs) from Hamilton Ontario to R.I. & it was $35.00 via UPS
        You would be better off to take to a motor rewind shop & have it rebuilt.--Good-Luck

Comment

Any auto electric shop, alternator, starter, generator service should be able to fix what you've got. If you don't have one at all, then you're looking for a starter.
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Working...
          X