bumper bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bumper bumpers

I was looking at the parts book, and it shows rubber pads between the bumper and the bumper support- mine didn't have these (57 Hawk).
    Are they really supposed to be there, and are they like the rubber pads between the body and frame?

Gallivan
    57 Golden Hawk
    Golden, CO
    Gallivan
    57 Golden Hawk
    Golden, CO

Not sure what you mean but, there should be large thick square steel washers that go on the bumper bolts behind the brackets. Because the brackets are contoured, these supply a flat surface for the nuts to cinch.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Would that be between the bumper and the heavy iron bumper mounting BRACKETS? Front or rear Bumper? [?]

The only bumper, Bumpers I know of are the 287427 small round Bumpers that look like hood bumpers, between the lower stone pan and the rear bumper. [:0]

StudeRich
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

in the parts book under front bumper, face bar, there is a part #31146x2 (shim to support bar 1/8" X 1 1/2 " x 2" )

It's not shown in the exploded view.

Now that I look closer, it has an asterisk that is explained "use as needed" so maybe it wasn't needed on mine- if no one else has seen them I guess I won't worry about it

Gallivan
        57 Golden Hawk
        Golden, CO
        Gallivan
        57 Golden Hawk
        Golden, CO

Comment

Working...
        X