• rain gutter

any one found a good way to remove the trim without damaging it

No. DON'T remove it [xx(].

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I agree. Leave it on,work around it.But if it absolutely has to be removed,an old-fashioned bottle opener works-remember those? -some times called a 'church key'..
      Hook it on the bottom,pry up carefully and gradually work your way along the molding.

LaSalle,Il
      61Hawk
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

The church key works great, but you only use it as a helper. Once you get the end started, just sort of twist the piece as you progress and use the opener as an assist to push it off the steel channel.
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I prefer a 2"-4" wide piece of soft wood and a deadblow hammer.Has some give to it and can be manipulated easily.Not sure there is a perfect method.
          Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Getting it off is the easy part. Getting it back on - without flecking off some of your new paint - is difficult at best.

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The other hazard is mangling it while its off. I stored mine in a long thin box for years w/o incident and then managed to mangle one of the pcs when I tried buffing it before reinstalling (do not drink beer while using a buffer....). After that I wised up and taped it to a 4 ft pc of rod and then buffed it in 10" sections at a time while moving the tape. THEN, I manged to put a couple dings in it putting it back one when I pushed too hard

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Working...
              X