Need NAPA number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need NAPA number

Does anyone remember the right part number for rear wheel cylinders for a 1962 Hawk (no disc brakes, of course)? Thanks.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Here's Nate's cross reference list...

UBP19238

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Wow. Thanks, Dick! That's the first I've heard of this document.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I believe the numbers 19236 for front and 19238 for rear wheel cylinders for later V8 Studes started out as Wagner numbers. They were ultimately adopted with different letter prefixes by other companies, such as NAPA/United and EIS. About 20 years ago, someone reported that the big companies were dropping Stude brake parts from the catalogs, and the days of going to a local FLAPS for Stude parts were almost over. That story did not turn out to be true, of course, but in the meantime, some of us were stocking up on brake parts whenever we stumbled on an auto parts store that we hadn't been in before.

As a result, I still have a nice supply of Stude brake parts. And the numbers 19236 and 19238 are forever burned into my brain.

Skip Lackie
        Washington DC
        Skip Lackie

Comment

I try not to constantly self-promote since a) it's mostly an amateur effort to document this stuff, and I've personally verified 10% or less of the listings (it started off as simply a way for me to keep track of part numbers for my own use; it was posted simply so I could look up stuff over at JP's or wherever without carrying a notebook with me) and b) I don't want to give the impression that I'm promoting it at the expense of other similar sites. Bob Johnstone's site is an excellent resource - I prefer the way mine is organized, go figure, but there's stuff that he has posted that I don't etc.

Oh, and Skip, don't feel bad, I can still remember that the oil filter for a MoPar 225 is a Wix 51515 even though I haven't owned one in 10 years

nate

--
          55 Commander Starlight
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Working...
          X