Rebel Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebel Wire

I just finished re-wiring my 51 using a Rebel Wire harness and wanted to give very good marks for their product. This product is for anyone that is NOT looking for originality, but a high quality re-wire for modified/customized application. This is comparable to Painless, EZ Wire, etc. however much lower cost and just as easy.

Good technical support, VERY good wire labeling (all wires marked every foot or so), high quality wire and fuse box, flasher, relays, etc.

I got a 12 circuit system (they have bigger and smaller ones) with integral flashers and horn relay built in. They offer a 10% HAMB discount if you are a member, so my total was about $140. Compare this to a Ron Francis or Painless for over $400...

It took a full day to carefully remove all the old stuff and modify my wiring diagram (I am NOT stock, so I had to create a new schematic). I removed the seat and dash for ease of work. I also installed a new headlight switch and ignition switch during this job. Additionally, I re-positioned my stereo so this took more time.

It took about a full day to install the new system, but a lot of that time was used in routing, hiding, heat-shrinking, etc. for cosmetics. The electrical portion was only about 2 hours.

Anyway, now I have a fuse box and no stray grounds or drains - 51 is back on the road for summer!

Las Vegas, NV - Stop by, coffee's on!
    '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

OUCH!! How can they call it "Painless" at over $400?!?!

Comment

Yeah, Painless is pretty steep, but their catalog sure is pretty! They sent me a catalog that looked like a Nieman Marcus 60-page full color catalog... probably cost $10 just to print that.

Las Vegas, NV - Stop by, coffee's on!
      '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

Working...
      X