steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering

My 85 Avanti will soon have the origional PS reinstalled and I have two Questions: First which PS hose goes to the upper fitting on the ram and secondly, when the steering wheel is centered what is the approximate position of the pitman arm? Any help is appreciated. Thanks Bob
    PS This is the origional Studebaker frame and Bendix PS

The top fitting on the ram provides boost for left turns. Please see my pictures and explaination at: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...ering%20Hoses/ .
    You may have to join the "Yahoo" group: Studebaker and Avanti Owner's Forum . But that's painless; and usefull.
    Mike M.

Comment

It's a WHOLE lot easier if you attach the hoses before you bolt on the pitman arm. Once the control valve is installed, the hoses have to be installed in an exact sequence and it requires some contortion to thread them and tighten them (been there, done that...more than once).

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
      X