Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Radio

Where does the 9inch earth strap go on my Studebaker 59 lark radio? Also, is there a bracket attached to the coil that the suppression capacitor fits onto the hold down bracket to the manifold of my 259 V/8.

It can go almost anywhere, from one of the screws on the radio chassis to any metal bracket under the dash.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

My 1960 Lark convertible has a strap that bridges the hinges on the hood to make sure the hood is grounded electrically.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

The Capacitor should have a small clamp around it that screws to a threaded hole in the Coil Bracket near the Coil, not on the Intake Manifold.

As Roy said, the braided Ground Strap goes on the Hood Hinge to Body, some kits for Hawks with Gauges, have a smaller braided Ground Strap that grounds the Copper Oil Pressure Tube to the Firewall to prevent the Ignition "Field" from transferring into the Cabin causing Audio interference.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thank you for the information . Being a no go with electrics and trying to put the radio in myself with no work shop manual to guide me I have to ask for some help! 0ne question I have is my radio is a 1959 AC 2977 . Were does the fine tuning button / screw on the radio ? Regards max

Comment

Sorry re tuning button that should be radio/ antenna trimming

Comment

I probably answered the wrong question.
              Last edited by RadioRoy; 10-20-2021, 02:08 PM.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

The radio ground wire on my 60 Lark went from a screw on the right rear side (as you face the radio) of the radio to the speaker bezel special nut that holds the bezel to the back of the dash, as can be seen in the photo below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1960LarkDash2a.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1917019
                Dan Peterson
                Montpelier, VT
                1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

• Max Myers
                  Max Myers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dan thank you for the information, however the nine inch earth strap I’ve discovered is for l. H . C as mine is a right hand drive car i will have to either obtain a longer strap to reach the speaker or screw one end into the dash is that ok Regards.
              Working...
              X