New Remote Fill Master Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: New Remote Fill Master Cylinder

I read in the June TW Co-operator about the new remote fill master cylinder developed by Jim Turner, for vehicles with disc brakes as well as under floor drum brake master cylinders and am curious if any of you have purchased and installed one of these yet? The column described how Jim went about developing these with the help of several companies able to manufacture the various components. They sound great and I would love to put the remote fill on my '55 President.
    Can anyone provide their experience with these?
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Jim used the remote fill from a 1964 GT (original equipment and from my 64R2 GT). It was and can be mounted on the right side firewall as was The GT between Heat Blower motor and wiper motor. You can then run a single line along firewall and down and behind the steering column. For the dual master cylinder it is a simple T running fluid to new master cylinder. The new master cylinders are not under pressure inside so a simple rubber hose connection works fine. for a single cylinder (original type master cylinder you would need to tap the fill plug and adapt it with a hard line fitting. The dual master cylinders do need additional piping to run to standard breaks front and rear, not daunting but more work. Call Jim Turner he is great to work with.
    It is an addiction!

Comment

Is it the black reservoir with the red decal at the top of the firewall? Click image for larger version

Name:	64-Studebaker-hawk-R2-DV_11-SJ_e01-800.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1899936
      Andy
      62 GT

Comment

Yes it is.
        It is an addiction!

Comment

Can someone provide more info on "The dual master cylinders"? Is this a dual setup for under the floor? If so where can they be purchased please?
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Tom, you will find the information you need in the June TW, in the Co-operator section. It sounds like they are available and, yes, one of the iterations of this is specifically for use on vehicles with single cylinders under the floor. It comes with a replacement filler cap that is already tapped for a right angle connector and a length of flexible brake line. The reservoir gets bolted to the fire wall under the hood. It looks pretty simple to install and means you won't have to pull up your carpet to get to the master cylinder again to top up.
            I would let you know what page to go to in TW, but I am at work and do not have the magazine with me. You'll find it.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Is there a dual cylinder under the floor design out there? The remote resevour looks good too!
              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Try Turner Brakes then go to Studebaker Vendors on the Studebaker Drivers Club site.

Comment

Working...
                X