Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawklover
    replied
    JMTS, with a point dizzy not too much can crap out on the road.........I carry spare points, cond, rotor, cap, tach/dwell. I can be back on the road in under 30 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Felix
    replied
    I have no idea what condition the one I have is in. It came with an engine I picked up for $50 and the distributor was in it so I considered it a bonus. I think I'd like to get it to a usable condition and if it turns out to be a dud I'll salvage what I can. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    A conglomeration of misc. Makes and Models Distributor Parts is Never a good deal, replacement Parts and knowledge of a Non-Factory installation can be problematic.

Leave a comment:

• Kato
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
    I purchased this conversion and had nothing but trouble...........the advance weights and springs were a problem, car pinged like crazy..........finally pulled it out, put back the point dizzy, which I rebuilt with bronze bushed weights, and utilized the Mopar ball bearing breaker plate. Can you spell happiness???
    Mine was working but the shaft has massive play in it. New distributor on its way!

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    I purchased this conversion and had nothing but trouble...........the advance weights and springs were a problem, car pinged like crazy..........finally pulled it out, put back the point dizzy, which I rebuilt with bronze bushed weights, and utilized the Mopar ball bearing breaker plate. Can you spell happiness???

Leave a comment:

• Kato
    replied
    Originally posted by Felix View Post

I'll have to dig out mine and see if those part numbers will work and if I have any.

Any and all numbers will be appreciated.

Thanks.
    PM sent. Tried to attach the list but am being told the file is too large???? I can email it to you.

Leave a comment:

• Felix
    replied
    Originally posted by Kato View Post

Sort of. I got the part numbers from Dave but my distributor is worn and needs replacing.

The Distributor Cap is: NAPA/Echlin MO-20 or Standard Ignition: CH-409X, CH-409 or CH-409T
    Rotor: NAPA/Echlin MO-13 or Standard Ignition CH-303X, CH-303 or CH-303T

I have the part numbers for everything on this distributor so let me know if you need more. I could email you the entire list.

Hope that helps!
    I'll have to dig out mine and see if those part numbers will work and if I have any.

Any and all numbers will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Kato
    replied

Any luck with the cap and rotor?
    Sort of. I got the part numbers from Dave but my distributor is worn and needs replacing.

The Distributor Cap is: NAPA/Echlin MO-20 or Standard Ignition: CH-409X, CH-409 or CH-409T
    Rotor: NAPA/Echlin MO-13 or Standard Ignition CH-303X, CH-303 or CH-303T

I have the part numbers for everything on this distributor so let me know if you need more. I could email you the entire list.

Hope that helps!

Leave a comment:

• Felix
    replied
    Originally posted by Kato View Post

I spoke with Dave Thibeault. He used the cap and rotor from a Chrysler 400 without the lean burn system. I'm going to try and source that locally and I'll let you know if I have any success.
    Any luck with the cap and rotor?

Leave a comment:

• Kato
    replied
    I think I have one of those distributor conversions. It came with an engine a while back and nothing I tried fit. All I have is the prestolite V8 distributor with a mopar looking trigger system, no cap, no rotor. I tried Studebaker issued prestolite caps but ran out of options. If you find an answer it may work for me.
    I spoke with Dave Thibeault. He used the cap and rotor from a Chrysler 400 without the lean burn system. I'm going to try and source that locally and I'll let you know if I have any success.

Leave a comment:

• Kato
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
    As part of the EFI conversion, I have two Mopar converted Prestolites in the two GT Hawks. Both have Stude caps, and one has a Mopar rotor. Either rotor will fit, but I did not know any other than OEM Stude cap would fit. Both perform flawlessly.
    The Prestolite rotor I received does not mate to the distributor shaft at all, it's completely different. The rotor on the car has a "key" type of attachment to the shaft and a solid contact on the top to make contact with the sprung contact on the cap. The rotor and cap on the car are the opposite with the sprung wire on the rotor and a solid contact on the cap! I get the feeling there may have been a few different ways to do this. I am going to give Dave Thibeault to get his thoughts!

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    As part of the EFI conversion, I have two Mopar converted Prestolites in the two GT Hawks. Both have Stude caps, and one has a Mopar rotor. Either rotor will fit, but I did not know any other than OEM Stude cap would fit. Both perform flawlessly.

Leave a comment:

• Kato
    replied
    Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
    Just order one for a big block Chrysler engine. 67 or so should be fine, they used the prestolite distributor.
    OK, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Felix
    replied
    Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
    Just order one for a big block Chrysler engine. 67 or so should be fine, they used the prestolite distributor.
    The rotor from same should fit as well?

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X