Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackb
    replied
    As best I recall, I used the original 1 rezzy M/C rod.....

Leave a comment:

• GrumpyOne
    replied
    Originally posted by fastjohnll View Post
    I used the Raybestos #36237 on my 1963 Cruiser. Works good.

$52 at Summit Racing:

Free Shipping - Raybestos PG Plus Professional Grade Brake Master Cylinders with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Master Cylinders at Summit Racing.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Jack, my guess is; you did not replace the Push Rod with a Dual Master Cylinder one.
    Or, the under dash Pedal linkage adjustment is incorrect.

Leave a comment:

• jackb
    replied
    I recently replaced my 62' Lark with a dual set up from a 63' Cruiser I once owned..... I installed a 1968 Ambassador M/C. Went in with a 63' mounting plate and unfortunately, I cannot use the rubber stop for brake pedal return........Rod to piston difference ???? Works fine and got non-glazing, non-squealing front shoes to boot..... Rounded shoe ends too.

Leave a comment:

• fastjohnll
    replied
    I used the Raybestos #36237 on my 1963 Cruiser. Works good.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    It is this one Paul:

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....ral-california

The '63 Lark "Cruiser" that isn't, it's a nice Regal 4 Door V8 Automatic.
    Another '63 with some '62 pieces - grille and tail lights.

Leave a comment:

• 64LarkLover
    replied
    That's a sweet looking Lark with a perfect dash. Great find!

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    It is this one Paul:

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....ral-california

The '63 Lark "Cruiser" that isn't, it's a nice Regal 4 Door V8 Automatic.

Leave a comment:

• r1lark
    replied
    Wow, nice looking car! Six or eight?

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    Thank you guys so far no luck but I'm going to show David when he gets back from fishing today. I have anew Grand daughter too 4 months and the one that will be 6 next month they have been keeping me busy. Went to an Auction and accidently bought this 63 Lark. I will be rehoming it soon as it stops. It has every year tag on its plates except the last ten that it has been stored.

Leave a comment:

• stude1964
    replied
    If you want original rebuild you might try Craig Studnick@ Mobile Parts. 516-485-1935 or 516-458-8451. I've gotten parts from him when others said they didn't exist including parts for my brother's '63 F-85 conv.!
    Rob in PA.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Same Part, different seller and application from your Other request on the For Sale/Wanted Forum:

QUOTE:

Hi Anne good to see you back!

What you want is a Dual Master with the Lines to the Engine and same size reservoirs Front and Rear and 1 Inch Bore for a 1970 AMC Matador, Ambassador, Gremlin etc. with Drum Brakes

Here's one at O'Reilly's; NMC11454

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c...bassador?pos=1

How many Jars of home made Pomegranate Jam is THAT worth?

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Originally posted by r1lark View Post
    ... did want to say hello and that we have missed your posts!
    DITTO !
    Must have been doing other things for the past year-and-a-half!

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    You must decide how authentic you want it to be, Anne.

For authenticity, it will require a master cylinder with a rectangular top. Check with Studebaker International to see if that is what they are offering. If so, it will be expensive because there haven't been many of those around for some time.

Rebuild kits for the car's existing rectangular-top master cylinder are virtually unavailable, so don't be surprised if trying to find one proves impossible.

If authenticity is not important to you, most folks use the AMC-application EIS / Wagner #E56193 master cylinder, same as Raybestos #36237; an application for most 1964-1974 AMC products and many 1967-1965 Jeeps. It has an oval-shaped reservoir body (still dual-circuit) and corresponding top but otherwise works fine....and they are often available as rebuilt units at a surprisingly-low price. I have one on my 1964 Daytona convertible.

You may have to play with fittings at the outlet(s), but that is no big deal. Too, since push rods vary in length, you'll have to make sure the push rod on your car properly activates and releases that master cylinder, if you use one. My '64 with manual drum brakes required no change. BP

Leave a comment:

• r1lark
    replied
    Hi Anne, sorry I can't help with the kit, but did want to say hello and that we have missed your posts!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X