Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Carburetor size calculation chart

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Carburetor size calculation chart

For you big carburetor guys, or folks looking to buy new and haven't seen the many size calculators on the web, ponder this.
    Yes, it's old. BUT, math is math, and nothing's really changed, nor will it. "Some" newer calculators have another parameter in the mix, "engine efficiency" (in %). Interestingly, if you put in a realistic...efficiency value, the carburetor size normally goes "down" for this list..!

Also read the info below the chart. It describes to go "up" in size if your cfm number is between a carburetor size that's available vs. one that is not made by anyone.
    E.G. - 485cfm recommended... Buy a 500cfm carburetor.

https://offenhauser.co/wp-content/up...talog-1987.pdf

See listed page 13.

Mike

I think maybe a PDF has to be "Hosted" somewhere to be on the Internet. I might be wrong but, I tried pasting the Link in the Address Window after clicking it didn't work, and neither worked.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Worked for me, Rich.
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Works fine.
        David L

Comment

Double checked, works for me also.

try this...
          Go to Offenhauser - https://offenhauser.co/

Put your cursor on "Products" (do not click) at the top of the page, go down to "catalogue", click on "catalogue", down to page 13.

Mike

Comment

OK I finally remembered that my Computer and Windows 10, -Firefox do not hit me on the head and remind me that Files like this do not go in an Obvious place like the toolbar or desktop, they go in the "Downloads File".
            I was expecting a HTTPS:// Website, -wrong!

So I had about 9 Copies there! . . .. ..
            Thanks.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Mike Van Veghten , thanks! I made it a sticky and changed the title. Good stuff!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Memo to Mark Wheeler, SDC web Master;

Should probably be part of the Tech Tips page of the SDC web site as well.
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10,
                '51 Commander Starlight,
                '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
                X