2R6-12 Speedometer cable help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo / Tach / Gauges: 2R6-12 Speedometer cable help

Not sure if this is an ugh moment... I ordered a replacement speedometer cable for my 53 2R6-12 Pickup and the package arrived in the UK today. After work, I took the box outside and after undoing both ends of my old cable, I quickly saw that what I was sent in the box, didn't match what was already on my truck - ugh! I have 4-on-the-floor manual with no overdrive (another ugh!). So, some pics of what I've got and I'd be interested to read if anyone might know if what I have is correct, incorrect and any other insights... thanks for any help I have contacted the sellers with the same photos, but am interested to learn more about the truck
    Richard
    sigpic

You appear to have a speedo cable meant for a Flight-o-Matic auto trans. I think you'll need to send it back for an exchange.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks showbizkid…. I'll let the vendors know the good news. It'll cost me twice, to ship it back and then pay import duties again. I was right, it was an ugh moment, lol
      Richard
      sigpic

Comment

Many other makers used the same cable you need into the mid 1980s. I have one for a Jeep in my GT because it was all I could find in the correct legnth. If I remember right, the top nut is 5/8" and the bottom one is 7/8", just find the legnth you need..

Comment

Working...
        X