W. Washer bag bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W. Washer bag bracket

Anyone know what color they're supposed to be?

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

If it is the one that hangs on the battery, they were black rubber dipped. It not, black always works for most every thing anyway.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

On a 64 avanti it is on the right side and chrome.

David L
      David L

Comment

I don't think chrome is correct. Most of my experience is with '63's and chassis black is the color.

Comment

That is why I said 64! As far as I know all 63's were black. My 64 has chrome water washer bracket as well as the hood latches and bellchrank.

David L
          David L

Comment

'63 Avanti, Black painted metal. "Cad" plated bolts.

Comment

Chrome would have been done by a previous owner. I bought a NOS accessory washer kit years ago and the bracket was black, The cars I observed at the Lancaster meet were all black.

Comment

Anybody have a picture of the setup for the washer? I have all the parts but am having trouble figuring out the order of their placement.

Wayen K.
                Libby, MT
                61 Hawk (On the road, FINALLY)

Comment

I agree that all 63 Avanti's had black brackets for washer bag. I don't think the previous owner chrome plated mine on my late serial number Avanti. However I don't know. If the owner chrome plated the parts I mentioned then I would have expected the hood supports to be chrome also. Who knows? Anyone out there with an Avanti above about RQ4550 with black hood latches, latch bellcrank and washer bag bracket?

My 73 doesn't have the chrome latches and latch bellcrank.

David L
                  David L

Comment

The hood latches etc are all a cadmium, or such, plating. Definitely not black or chrome. The washer was an accessory that was available over the counter from Studebaker. It may have fit other models also. The bracket was black in mine and black on a very high point show car, Dick Vaux's 64 #R4892. In fact the only stuff under the hood of a 64 that was shiny chrome were the valve covers, and the R2 carb bonnet. The air cleaner housings both R1 and R2 were an "industrial" type chrome. Missing a step from what I understand and not polished.

This is a picture of an un restored 64 Survivor. Late production thick seat 1964. Without a washer bag but the latches etc are clearly visible.

No big deal, I wouldn't mind if someone had chromed that stuff for me.

Ernie

Comment

I would rather have the cad plated parts than the chrome ones that need to be re-plated on my car. I have seen quite a few that were chrome plated by the owner. The ones on my car either need to be re-chromed or cleaned and painted!

Since RQ4892 is about 300 after mine I can only conclude that the parts on my car were plated by the owner!

David L
                      David L

Comment

Say, I need the hangar for a hawk which holds the washer bracket to the battery. Its 1545092. Anybody have one?

Comment

Working...
                        X