61 Hawk rear quater fender question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61 Hawk rear quater fender question

On the rear quarter fender how many braces are there? I am concerned that the area just after the door does not have alot of support. also there are these very small oval shaped parts that go in the very back of the fender, does anyone have a pic of there exact location?

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

Not sure what you mean by the "area just after the door".

sals54
    sals54

Comment

quote:Not sure what you mean
      I agree. Photos or more details would help.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The drivers side supports are a road spray baffle and the gas tank bracket. The passenger side has a road spray baffle and just a strut. the baffles are mounted at an angle with metal screws and the holes in the inner body can tell you where the hang.
        I just emailed you a couple pics..

Bob Johnstone

55 President State Sedan
        64 GT Hawk
        70 Avanti (R3)
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I am using the wrong terminology, I am refering to the lower fender brackets. Bob thanks for the pic. I have four brackets that attach to the lower area of the fender, front and back. The rear quarter towards the front of the fender, I thought there was a bracket there I guess there is not. It's aligned with the door however it is very flimsy. I might just make a small bracket to sure it up.

Studebakers forever!
          Studebakers forever!

Comment

The front of the rear quarter attaches to a frame support just below the rear of the door, there should be a hole stamped in the lip of the quarter panel. Just in front of the rear wheel is another hole in the lip of the panel this is attached with a short bracket with a dog leg bent into it and attached to another frame support. And just behind the rear wheel is a third support with a hole formed into the lip of the panel and this one is attached to the splash guard protecting the filler neck. I don't have any pictures of them here at home but I can get some when I go to the shop tomorrow if you wish.

Here are the pics

The front two bolts

The dogleg support

Attaching to the gas filler bulkhead

This is the passenger side

I still need to touch up my bolt heads and clean up underneath.

Wayen K.
            Libby, MT
            61 Hawk (Project)

Comment

I would like to see those pic's wayen K, they would help a great deal. I would be able to duplicate them. Thanks

Studebakers forever!
              Studebakers forever!

Comment

Studelover:

Here are some pics of the bottom of the right rear fender on our 61' Hawk. As near as I can tell the fender has never been removed so it should reflect a factory stock setup. There are of course the usual attachment bolts above where the fin attaches and where the rear splash shield is, so I did not show those. My interpretation of your question was about attachment at the bottom areas?

Dean Croft
                Roseburg,OR

CLEM
                DESEE
                Dean

CLEM

Comment

This is exactly the parts in question, perefect pic's

thank you very much![8D]

Studebakers forever!
                  Studebakers forever!

Comment