Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: 64 Cruiser Sun Visors

Hi Everyone,
    I'm working on a 64 Cruiser interior and the sun visors and brackets are a light blue which somewhat matches the interior. Was this color co-ordination an option with the Cruisers in 1964? Going by memory every Stude I've owned of 64-65 Lark type had the white cardboard sun visors although the last Cruiser I owned was about 1980.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Rick

1959-1964 Body Parts Catalog shows both standard and optional padded visors available in Black, White, Blue, Green, Tan. Only 1 color bracket.

Comment

Pretty sure (would be glad to be corrected) that the sun visors in all late Studes were color-coordinated with the interiors. The standard ones were a heavy cardboard, while the optional padded ones were vinyl.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
        Pretty sure (would be glad to be corrected) that the sun visors in all late Studes were color-coordinated with the interiors. The standard ones were a heavy cardboard, while the optional padded ones were vinyl.
        At least in regard to 1963 and 1964 versions, it was only the Cruiser that had color coordinated headliners and sun visors.

Comment

I have a 1964 Laguna Blue Cruiser with a blue headliner and blue sun visors. Loga Enterprises, a Studebaker vendor in WI was able to duplicate my visors in color, style etc. I can share pictures if interested.

Mark

Comment

Thanks everyone for the clarifiction. My Cruiser is Laguna blue having the visors and windlace in matching colors. I now know its stock and requiring only a bit of cleaning.

Comment

Padded and non-padded sun visors for all North American assembled 1963-66 Lark types were colour matched to the interior/headlining colour with the exception of convertibles (which were all black to match the header) and sliding roof Wagonaires (which were all off white to match the pressed cardboard headliner). Brackets and plastic hardware were off-white up to 1965. In 1966 these items were switched to chrome.

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
                At least in regard to 1963 and 1964 versions, it was only the Cruiser that had color coordinated headliners and sun visors.
                The parts book sez this is correct. I seem to remember my 64 Daytona with green interior came with green sun visors -- but I replaced them with padded green ones 40 years ago. Can't believe I forgot something that important . . . . .
                Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post
                  Padded and non-padded sun visors for all North American assembled 1963-66 Lark types were colour matched to the interior/headlining colour with the exception of convertibles (which were all black to match the header) and sliding roof Wagonaires (which were all off white to match the pressed cardboard headliner). Brackets and plastic hardware were off-white up to 1965. In 1966 these items were switched to chrome.

Chris.
                  Yep this is correct --

I have two '64's with original interiors the Daytona Sedan has matching color (blue) sunvisors and the Wagonaire has the off-white sun visors.
                  Bill Jackameit
                  1964 Challenger Wagonaire
                  1964 Daytona Sedan
                  Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
                  Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
                  https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Comment

I had a '64 Daytona HT with blue headliner AND BLUE visors. I also parted one that had the same . I may still have a pair of blue visors in the garage.
                    Rob in PA.

Comment

My 64 Daytona hardtop has the light blue headliner and padded visors.

Comment

Working...
                      X