1964 Studebaker Commander Water Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
    Noticed it also has a fan shroud - any chance it has the five bladed flex drive cooling fan?
    Yes, it does.

Comment

Tracy: I have a wonderful little 1963 Lark Regal with a six cylinder engine, air conditioning, three on the tree with overdrive (no hillholder which I hope my wife never finds out exists) and it is my favorite driving Studebaker. Once you learn to use that overdrive in any gear you have a six speed transmission which is great. Easy crusing down the highway at 65 or 70, take the big hills in 2nd gear overdrive, great fun!
      Great to have you in the Studebaker bunch!
      Nick

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
        Don't forget to check/repair any issues with brakes and fuel system, ...
        In fact, make that the FIRST thing you do. It's better to have your Studebaker not start than it is to have it not stop!

And here's a few other thoughts :
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by spacey369 View Post
          Yes, it does.
          That is great - it will help with cooling at low speeds and not sound like a whirlwind at highway speeds.

Next you will tell us that the radio is an AM/FM...

Comment

That is great - it will help with cooling at low speeds and not sound like a whirlwind at highway speeds.

Next you will tell us that the radio is an AM/FM...
            Lol no it's only am and my daughter is mesmerized by that and it works.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
              In fact, make that the FIRST thing you do. It's better to have your Studebaker not start than it is to have it not stop!

And here's a few other thoughts :
              http://studebakerdriversclub.com/TechThings2do.asp
              Thank you, we have already put it up on the lift to do a quick look at it. I do know it is in over drive right now. I am going to read thru the link you sent and make sure the car is in excellent condition before getting it on the road.

Comment

Congrats, and welcome to the forum. As others have mentioned, I highly recommend joining the SDC, and becoming familiar with what each of our many, wonderful vendors has to offer. I predict you are gonna have. blast with your grandpa's Stude, and with the fellowship of the SDC
                Last edited by JoeHall; 07-13-2019, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spacey369 View Post
                  I do know it is in over drive right now.
                  With the OD handle pushed in, it really means that the system is available to use. It engages and disengages electrically. Once the car has reached a speed from 25 to 35 mph, you let off the accelerator pedal and the OD will engage. It will stay in OD until you push the accelerator pedal far enough to hit the “kick-down” switch or the car slows below that engagement speed. Good luck.

Comment

Tracey, there are 2 local chapters in Georgia, North and South. Even though I live in west central Florida I belong to the South Georgia chapter (along with a couple others) and the members are terrific. We have a meeting scheduled for next Saturday the 21st in Hazelhurst. We'd love to have you stop in and get acquainted, so if you can I'll get you all the info. You can p.m. (private message) me here on the forum or we can do a phone call or other, just let me know. Bill

Comment

With the OD handle pushed in, it really means that the system is available to use. It engages and disengages electrically. Once the car has reached a speed from 25 to 35 mph, you let off the accelerator pedal and the OD will engage. It will stay in OD until you push the accelerator pedal far enough to hit the “kick-down” switch or the car slows below that engagement speed. Good luck.
                      Thank you very much, I was just asking my better half how the OD worked. I truly appreciate everyone's knowledge. I look forward to turning wrenches and getting it road worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Colgate Studebaker View Post
                        Tracey, there are 2 local chapters in Georgia, North and South. Even though I live in west central Florida I belong to the South Georgia chapter (along with a couple others) and the members are terrific. We have a meeting scheduled for next Saturday the 21st in Hazelhurst. We'd love to have you stop in and get acquainted, so if you can I'll get you all the info. You can p.m. (private message) me here on the forum or we can do a phone call or other, just let me know. Bill
                        Thank you very much, I will have to put that on my calendar and plan to go. I will PM you to get the details.

Comment

Need a clarification Tracey! The date of the meeting is Saturday the 20th. I can't even look at the calendar and get it right!LOL See you there, Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Colgate Studebaker View Post
                            Need a clarification Tracey! The date of the meeting is Saturday the 20th. I can't even look at the calendar and get it right!LOL See you there, Bill.
                            Thank you, we will see you there.

Comment

Working...
                            X