Windlace Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windlace Photo

Does anyone have a photo of the windlace behind the mylar trim strip in a 56J. My guy is questioning if it is hidden behind the horizontal trim strip that hides the edges of the hardboard headliner. He thinks and I cannot find photos that the windlace should show?

Thanks in advance.

Bondo, I just checked mine and let me see if I can explain how mine is assembled. The hardboard headliner is trapped between the mylar stip you can see and the backing that attaches mylar strip. The windlace is attached behind the headliner and windlace attaching strip. There is no way I can get a picture of how it is assembled. If you want, I have pictures of where it meets the windshield, the middle and the rear of the mylar strip.

As I see it you have from inside the car,mylar strip,headliner, mylarstrip attach and then windlace against metal.

Hope this helps

It is an addiction!
    It is an addiction!

Comment

That I fully understand, and that is exactly the way it was on the Hawk. His concern is: Should it be seen below the trim strip as it runs across the car. When I did it, it was sandwihiched just like yours, then it came down by the visors and to the floor. Same with the rear window, it came out from behind the mylar.

I guess the asy way to ask it, : Does the mylar hide it across the top of the windows.?

BG

Comment

The mylar hides it on a side view but it can be seen from under........... looking up

It is an addiction!
        It is an addiction!

Comment

Thanks

I knew I had it right the FIRST time, but this expert said I was wrong. Not a Studebaker owner, but a trim shop guy.

BG

Comment

Working...
          X